2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Republicans expanded their control in state governments in a census year, meaning they can and will gerrymander themselves into even more house seats. Democrats will lose house seats in 2022.
In states they already control or new states?

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
Republicans expanded their control in state governments in a census year, meaning they can and will gerrymander themselves into even more house seats. Democrats will lose house seats in 2022.
they expanded state house control from 2018.

but we should be comparing to the results of the 2010 election, when congressional seats were last decided
https://ballotpedia.org/State_Legislative_and_Congressional_Redistricting_after_the_2010_Census

republicans dont have trifectas in Pennsylvania, Michigan or Wisconsin anymore and governors have vetos there. Wisconsin especially is one of the most gerrymandered states in the country. we should gain seats in Michigan and Wisconsin (Pennsylvania I think had to redistrict a few years ago so im not expecting to gain there).

we also have a democratic governor veto in Louisiana now so that state shouldn’t be as gerrymandered.

the states where republicans didnt have a trifecta after 2010 and do now are iowa and new hampshire. but in iowa the legislative chamber doesnt draw the districts, an independent commission does (chamber still votes on it though). so fukkery there is limited. new hampshire has two seats so republicans might be able to get one from it.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Nah, if they knock out COVID by next summer, things will go gangbusters. There's too much Fed money floating around for it not to.

Fed money benefits banks and corporations NOT the working class. Thats the reason why the stock market has been going up like crazy since April because of the free money meanwhile the working class is getting crushed. The Federal reserve chief said the economy is not going to come back to the way to was before. Which means group like minorities and women may not see job growth come back until later this decade. Alot of low wage jobs are not coming back which will hurt the wage gap. Seriously you cant be this dense.
The economy as we knew it might be over, Fed Chairman says - CNN

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Fed money benefits banks and corporations NOT the working class. Thats the reason why the stock market has been going up like crazy since April because of the free money meanwhile the working class is getting crushed. The Federal reserve chief said the economy is not going to come back to the way to was before. Which means group like minorities and women may not see job growth come back until later this decade. Alot of low wage jobs are not coming back which will hurt the wage gap. Seriously you cant be this dense.
The economy as we knew it might be over, Fed Chairman says - CNN
I said it for a reason. I think having COVID at minimal level will be beneficial amongst all demographics in terms of employment. I expect even the lower paying jobs in tourism/hospitality to start recovery towards the end of next year. The Fed money should help larger companies that aren't tech or tech adjacent stay afloat until then and start re-hiring as well.

The economy will be different. Some of those jobs aren't coming back especially in the restaurant and airline industries. Some of these companies are going to want to run a smaller employee force permanently. But, I think that can be managed and that's what Powell was hinting at.

Last edited:

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
I said it for a reason. I think having COVID at minimal level will be beneficial amongst all demographics in terms of employment. I expect even the lower paying jobs in tourism/hospitality to start recovery towards the end of next year. The Fed money should help larger companies that aren't tech or tech adjacent stay afloat until then and start re-hiring as well.

The economy will be different. Some of those jobs aren't coming back especially in the restaurant and airline industries. Some of these companies are going to want to run a smaller employee force permanently. But, I think that can be managed and that's what Powell was hinting at.
I'm hoping you right my whole thing is that people are hurting right now and from the looks of congress there is unlikely that the HEROS act will get signed. In the long run if these companies run a smaller employee force that means there will still be a large number of people out of the work place and those people need all the help they need. And those people will be women and minorities. And on top of that we have to deal with income inequality which from all metrics is getting worse because of this economic crisis. So yeah the economy maybe booming but the many underlying cracks from 2008 will just get bigger if not dealt with soon.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I'm hoping you right my whole thing is that people are hurting right now and from the looks of congress there is unlikely that the HEROS act will get signed. In the long run if these companies run a smaller employee force that means there will still be a large number of people out of the work place and those people need all the help they need. And those people will be women and minorities. And on top of that we have to deal with income inequality which from all metrics is getting worse because of this economic crisis. So yeah the economy maybe booming but the many underlying cracks from 2008 will just get bigger if not dealt with soon.
I get it. I'm hoping they can get a stimulus bill passed and really start addressing the structural faults. The government can provide incentives for companies to hire when the conditions are right. Biden's team won't lack for ideas. McConnell will try to shyt on that effort at every turn but I'm going to remain hopeful.

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
The restaurant industry will be back but don’t expect it to look the same.

Buildings will probably be designed differently. Like optional indoor/outdoor seating instead of just indoor with a few patio seats.

Instead of clubs being “windowless basement” they might be more convertible with convertible ceilings.

More drive-in theater hybrids