2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I saw this a few minutes ago. Masters's polling has tripled according to Politico.

Overall, the Republicans and GOP had a very bad week after the wins in VA, Long Island and Pennsylvania. McCarthy has lost the Republican House and cannot be leader in 2022, nor can McConnell. We already know Trump isn't going to endorse Mitch, but he cannot get behind Kevin. Now they're banking that Manchin doesn't vote for the BBB social welfare bill. It's a gamble they can very well lose.

A number of the 13 will be primaried; some successfully. Garbarino and Malliotakis are definitely in trouble specifically the latter. The base in South Brooklyn and Staten Island is furious. Her staffers are deleting Facebook posts which is an ethics violation and MTG is surely going to be campaigning against her along with others in the House. She's in a Trump 11 district but they could have elected Max Rose and got the same result.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I saw this a few minutes ago. Masters's polling has tripled according to Politico.

Overall, the Republicans and GOP had a very bad week after the wins in VA, Long Island and Pennsylvania. McCarthy has lost the Republican House and cannot be leader in 2022, nor can McConnell. We already know Trump isn't going to endorse Mitch, but he cannot get behind Kevin. Now they're banking that Manchin doesn't vote for the BBB social welfare bill. It's a gamble they can very well lose.

A number of the 13 will be primaried; some successfully. Garbarino and Malliotakis are definitely in trouble specifically the latter. The base in South Brooklyn and Staten Island is furious. Her staffers are deleting Facebook posts which is an ethics violation and MTG is surely going to be campaigning against her along with others in the House. She's in a Trump 11 district but they could have elected Max Rose and got the same result.

Nah, they will be the leaders. The Senate is obviously still unclear but in the House the GOP will win at minimum 30 seats. McCarthy will be able to get the votes to become the Speaker of the House.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Nah, they will be the leaders. The Senate is obviously still unclear but in the House the GOP will win at minimum 30 seats. McCarthy will be able to get the votes to become the Speaker of the House.

I agree with @FAH1223 on McConnnell. Grassroots conservatives been trying to take out McConnell since at least the Tea Party era & have failed multiple times. I don't see it happening no matter how much Trump wants it. On the other hand, IDK why he's confident that McCarthy will be Speaker.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I agree with @FAH1223 on McConnnell. Grassroots conservatives been trying to take out McConnell since at least the Tea Party era & have failed multiple times. I don't see it happening no matter how much Trump wants it. On the other hand, IDK why he's confident that McCarthy will be Speaker.

Populists have a better sense of what the base needs more than McConnell and House Leadership. Trump wanted 25B for the wall and other agendas. They fought tooth and nail to not give it to him. 1.2T for Biden? Gave it to him on a platter. They're not leaders. Neither have the influence to whip their caucus for votes.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Populists have a better sense of what the base needs wants more than McConnell and House Leadership. Trump wanted 25B for the wall and other agendas. They fought tooth and nail to not give it to him. 1.2T for Biden? Gave it to him on a platter. They're not leaders. Neither have the influence to whip their caucus for votes.

Trump was a terrible politician. He wasted all of his good will on attempting to take insurance away from people and build a stupid wall.

He could have passed infrastructure and then tax cuts if he were a smart and potentially staves off losing the house, senate, and then white house under his watch.