2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Why not? Aside from COVID things are looking very 2010-ish. I blame Congress more than Biden but nonetheless the writing seems to be on the wall.

There's a huge crisis that occurs under a Republican president (Great Recession/Pandemic), Democrat gets elected to fix it, unfortunately Congress is uncooperative. The crisis takes longer to fix than people would like, and that combined with your typical white grievance politics equals a big L in the midterms for Dems.

Don't get it twisted, I'd rather things go differently, but you can't deny the parallels. Either learn from history or you're doomed to repeat it. :yeshrug:

The economy is a lot better than it was in 2009/2010, and Biden hasn't done anything as controversial as Obamacare. Which makes the hesitancy over the reconciliation bill even more baffling. Pass it and get ready to fight for your life.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The economy is a lot better than it was in 2009/2010, and Biden hasn't done anything as controversial as Obamacare. Which makes the hesitancy over the reconciliation bill even more baffling. Pass it and get ready to fight for your life.

As far as politics, whether the economy is actually bad doesn't matter, what matters is whether it's perceived to be bad. Which is the case at the moment.

The reconciliation thing basically comes down to Manchin/Sinema being corporate goons/attention whores and not much else. Unfortunately Biden has no leverage over them so not much can be done about it.

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
As far as politics, whether the economy is actually bad doesn't matter, what matters is whether it's perceived to be bad. Which is the case at the moment.

The reconciliation thing basically comes down to Manchin/Sinema being corporate goons/attention whores and not much else. Unfortunately Biden has no leverage over them so not much can be done about it.

Which is the fault of the democrats non existent messaging and message discipline.
One thing republicans are good at is messaging (even though most of the time, it's just propaganda and lies) but it sticks and it works but democrat always have to be humble and let their accomplishments do the talking rather than blowing their own horns and harmering the real data day in day out on national tv and social media

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Which is the fault of the democrats non existent messaging and message discipline.
One thing republicans are good at is messaging (even though most of the time, it's just propaganda and lies) but it sticks and it works but democrat always have to be humble and let their accomplishments do the talking rather than blowing their own horns and harmering the real data day in day out on national tv and social media
Biden gives a speech about every jobs report. He’s had more job growth Thant any president this early. Messaging isn’t the problem.

The problem is this admin declared victory after passing one bill and did Jack shyt afterwards. And then when they managed to get the infrastructure bill passed the literal very next day Afghanistan happened. And there hasn’t been a positive day for Biden since then.

So people perceive a disaster. And I don’t see this next bill fixing it. Will it be 2010? No. I think dems lose 20-30 seats, instead of 60. But it could change who knows. Trump out here trying to purge republicans too, and that could fukk everything up for them.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I would be wary making any big doom and gloom predictions. Especially in this modern day climate. Recent history should tell us that. Anything can happen, just got to wait and see where the chips fall.

MidwestD

Clyde Frog's Shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Biden should call Manchin into his office, threaten to have the DOJ prosecute his daughter over the Epipen scandal, that would get the job done,
Biden won't do it though.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
one thing dems need to do in 2022 is dump this fakkit :camby:

this is absolute nonsense. who is listening to this dude in october of 2021 :mindblown:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I would be wary making any big doom and gloom predictions. Especially in this modern day climate. Recent history should tell us that. Anything can happen, just got to wait and see where the chips fall.

There's also the fact the midterm elections are a year away.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

There's also the fact the midterm elections are a year away.

I can't really see anything happening in the next year that's going to make much difference.

Only exception I can think of is if Roe v Wade gets legit overturned, that might rile up the Dem base. Other than that 2022 looks like a big glowing L.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I can't really see anything happening in the next year that's going to make much difference.

Only exception I can think of is if Roe v Wade gets legit overturned, that might rile up the Dem base. Other than that 2022 looks like a big glowing L.

It was going to be an L to begin with due to redistricting and it being the first midterm under a new president. With the way the news cycle is, there's lots of things that can transpire between now and whenever election day is in 2022. With that said, Dems do need to focus on getting their shyt together.