2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the republicans' message, all over the country, is that the vaccine is available, and that the pandemic is over. take the vaccine, or don't take it, but we're moving on with our lives and getting back to normal

meanwhile the democrats, all over the country, are choosing to extend the pandemic. forcing lockdowns, forcing masks, treating vaccinated taxpayers like children. and oh yeah; there's no end game to any of it, because no one can define that. we're just holding out for some asinine "zero covid" scenario that doesn't exist

i hope we aren't caught by surprise at which messaging will win elections next year

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the republicans' message, all over the country, is that the vaccine is available, and that the pandemic is over. take the vaccine, or don't take it, but we're moving on with our lives and getting back to normal

meanwhile the democrats, all over the country, are choosing to extend the pandemic. forcing lockdowns, forcing masks, treating vaccinated taxpayers like children. and oh yeah; there's no end game to any of it, because no one can define that. we're just holding out for some asinine "zero covid" scenario that doesn't exist

i hope we aren't caught by surprise at which messaging will win elections next year

Every word in this post is a fukking lie. :laff:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Every word in this post is a fukking lie. :laff:
it's a lie in the HL bubble, where vaccinated adults support being forced to wear a mask, and you can't comprehend why all 50 democrat senators don't act like they represent san francisco

fukk it tho, you'll find out next year :yeshrug: not one word of that is untrue

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ou can't comprehend why all 50 democrat senators don't act like they represent san francisco

I'm assuming this is a reference to Joe Manchin and the infrastructure bill, which, yeah, no shyt he doesn't represent San Francisco. He represents a dirt poor literal welfare state with some of the worst infrastructure in the country. Which is why it's so hilarious that he's blocking the bill when his constituents need it the most. :dead:

banner34

Superstar
Daps

The vaccines mandates will hurt the dems in the midterms.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm assuming this is a reference to Joe Manchin and the infrastructure bill, which, yeah, no shyt he doesn't represent San Francisco. He represents a dirt poor literal welfare state with some of the worst infrastructure in the country. Which is why it's so hilarious that he's blocking the bill when his constituents need it the most. :dead:
but again, you're the kind of poster who said AOC could win a senate seat in missouri :yeshrug: the delusion is embarrassing

politics in this country doesnt work how you want it to work :dead: im sorry you havent comprehended that yet. you're in here talking down to west virginia voters like you don't realize that they don't give a fukk about you, or how you think they "should" vote

meanwhile, keep cheerleading this bullshyt, thats coming from only democrats. its a great strategy for the midterms :mjlol:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have literally never said that. Ever.
for the record, im not disagreeing with you about rural voters :dead: no one votes against their own interests like poor white republicans. these people are idiots

i guess manchin feels like he has to move a certain way :yeshrug: no one said he's a good guy. he lets coal companies use him like a cheap whore. i wish the dems just won one more seat last year

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I don't know whether dems are going to get blown out or not next year. But this sure isn't 2010 by any stretch of the imagination.

Biden looks toast and I don't think the reconciliation bill will change much. Families are getting thousands of dollars a month still from the covid bill and he's still underwater. Doling out more money to people who traditionally don't even vote in midterms doesn't strike me as a winning strategy.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I don't know whether dems are going to get blown out or not next year. But this sure isn't 2010 by any stretch of the imagination.

Why not? Aside from COVID things are looking very 2010-ish. I blame Congress more than Biden but nonetheless the writing seems to be on the wall.

There's a huge crisis that occurs under a Republican president (Great Recession/Pandemic), Democrat gets elected to fix it, unfortunately Congress is uncooperative. The crisis takes longer to fix than people would like, and that combined with your typical white grievance politics equals a big L in the midterms for Dems.

Don't get it twisted, I'd rather things go differently, but you can't deny the parallels. Either learn from history or you're doomed to repeat it. :yeshrug: