2022 Midterm Elections: NO RED WAVE! - GOP Takes U.S. House; Dems Keep U.S. Senate

folasade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is what I've been harping on when it comes to DeSantis. His appeal outside of the new Republican base is limited.
Yep, if he wins it will be low voter turnout. The Dems are just going to have to keep adopting left leaning/progressives ideas to appeal to younger voters and not attack the politicians on that side of spectrum.

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Republicans haven’t won a presidential popular vote in nearly 20 years. It’s too early to be doom and gloom. We have to see how this Republican civil war will pay out. What if Trump makes a viable third party and fractures the conservative vote for the next 20 years?

The presidential popular vote is one thing. But the senate (due to the prevalence of more small, conservative states) and house (due to gerrymandering) are heavily tilted in the Republicans' favor.

So the Dems have a very small margin for error, and Republicans will obstruct as much as possible if they get any power. If Republicans get control of the senate, for example, that means no supreme court seats can be filled by a Democratic president.

I can't see a third party fracturing the Republicans (I doubt one would form in the first place). Conservatives are very good about coming together to vote against people who they don't like. This is in contrast to people on the left, who are much more prone to stay home if they don't like a candidate.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
The presidential popular vote is one thing. But the senate (due to the prevalence of more small, conservative states) and house (due to gerrymandering) are heavily tilted in the Republicans' favor.

So the Dems have a very small margin for error, and Republicans will obstruct as much as possible if they get any power. If Republicans get control of the senate, for example, that means no supreme court seats can be filled by a Democratic president.

I can't see a third party fracturing the Republicans (I doubt one would form in the first place). Conservatives are very good about coming together to vote against people who they don't like. This is in contrast to people on the left, who are much more prone to stay home if they don't like a candidate.
If MAGATs feel like the Republicans stole the nomination from Trump then they will definitely follow Trump if he forms a new party. Some MAGATs weren’t reliable Republican voters prior to Trump

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
These doom and gloom posts are retarded. GOP has nothing independent voters wants. Few years ago if u said Dems would be winning statewide elections in GA most people wouldn't have believed it.

Dems can cont. to win in AZ and Nevada. They can win in PA and Maine easily. North Carolina has the demos.. they just need more resources. Wisconsin isn't a lost cause either.

Florida and Ohio are probably done but the electoral map favors Dems and esp. in Presidential years they can churn out the vote and gain independents.

A certain group in the party want the Dems to fail so they savior can “rise from the ashes” and deliver their pipe dream wishlist.

:russ:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
He's officially the elderly man whose room you pass in a nursing home and he's just randomly hurling slurs and swears to no one :dead:

Senile, c-cup titty having father's disgrace of a beta male

But TLR swears he is a masculine alpha male

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
If the Republicans end with both the House and the Senate which is very possible, look for hearing and investigations with impeachment being on the table and no SCOTUS vacancy being filled.
There's almost no shot they get the senate. Dems will have 50 seats tomorrow after Nevada comes in, and after that the GA run off won't even matter (though I expect dems will still want to get it obviously).

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
There's almost no shot they get the senate. Dems will have 50 seats tomorrow after Nevada comes in, and after that the GA run off won't even matter (though I expect dems will still want to get it obviously).
I think they get it, so they don't have to rely on Manchin to get to 50, plus Walker is a brain-addled idiot. Barely anything will pass with Congress but a few things will sneak through that Manchin would kill so once again get 51.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
If the Republicans end with both the House and the Senate which is very possible, look for hearing and investigations with impeachment being on the table and no SCOTUS vacancy being filled.
Math isn’t in the gop favor for the senate …. As for the house they fumbled the bag big time… suppose to win by 30 to 40 seats now they barely getting by with a 4 seat lead that could well go blue in those Cali seats that haven’t been called yet…

Stop the concern trolling bro :camby: