2022 DEAVORS - TEA AND BISCUITS

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It's one thing if it were a dozen or so talents but dropping pretty much an entire company's worth of talent over the span of a year is going to raise eyebrows. Bischoff said it best on his podcast that WWE is going through a market correction because of all the talent hoarding they've done over the past several years along with the 5 year contract extensions they were giving to everyone in 2019 to avoid them going to AEW. However, I still think the company will eventually be sold to NBCU at some point within the next couple years.

Yeah but this isn't even the first time this has ever happened. Granted, it's the first time in a long-ass time, but it's happened before. We didn't pay attention to these things but especially over the last 20 years or so, there's been droves of people who got released, sometimes all in a bunch. We stopped seein' them on TV and didn't even notice they were gone.

WWE Alumni

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
They'll be throwing out a new .0 every couple years like AOL back in the day

Nxt version 7.0

:mjlol:

Each roster update
R.becb1254c95e6580298f5b7a3b95ccc6

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
And the ultimate irony is that the guy who beat them because nobody wanted to watch these guys is now signing all of them thinking it’s gonna boost the ratings on his show

Undisputed Era was the main draw when AEW was beating them in the ratings. People chose not to watch. Now he’s brought them over there giving them the same amount of TV time at the expense of his own guys. It makes no sense.

Fans turned off NXT during that time because they didn’t move those guys up and they were stagnant wrestling the same people. Tony thinks if he cherry picks the best from NXT and gives them new situations it’ll help the show

Ehhhh it's not like people weren't watching NXT. The ratings were close most weeks, AEW was just a different, Fresh, and some can say better promotion and most fans chose to watch it over NXT because of that.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Stuff used to break my heart and a young boy when that time would run out and dude would say “goodbye!”

:francis:Breh I threw AOL in the bushes once I got hip to Terminal and Netscape:wow:.

AOL was the prototype but downloading games off of gamesdomain without paying for time was :banderas:

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Ehhhh it's not like people weren't watching NXT. The ratings were close most weeks, AEW was just a different, Fresh, and some can say better promotion and most fans chose to watch it over NXT because of that.

If we are being honest, AEW caught NXT at the right time. In 2019, NXT had cooled off dramatically from the previous years. Peak NXT would have been giving 19/20 AEW fits imo.

Also I think weaponizing NXT to suppress an upstart promotion hurt it's cool factor.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
If we are being honest, AEW caught NXT at the right time. In 2019, NXT had cooled off dramatically from the previous years. Peak NXT would have been giving 19/20 AEW fits imo.

Also I think weaponizing NXT to suppress an upstart promotion hurt it's cool factor.

NXT stopped doing character work entirely and just became about who the latest big indie signing was

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
I'm a fan of simplifying, and the E is so bloated. The peaks and valleys of the business makes it hard to stretch out like they had. It's a tough decision, but a smart one in the end.