2020's is one of the worst decades in history

Is the 2020s one of the worst decades in history?

• Yes

Votes: 52 59.8%
  • No

Votes: 35 40.2%

• Total voters

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I lived in 4 decades. This one is definitely the most "lit" in terms of pure fukkery like there's no shock value in anything no more

Yes... agreed. Honestly a revolution can take place at any moment but we have too many weak ass people which are content with the bullshyt. They would rather comply and die than to put up a fight or show some collective action.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
20s were kinda awesome tho. According to the textbooks it was lit and money was being made everywhere kinda like Bitcoin/dogecoin/GameStop during COVID.

Cars had just become common and airplanes had started comercial operation. Cool stuff like radio đź“» had hit the stage. It was a truly great time to be alive.

As long as you weren't black...:martin:

prohibition
vagrancy laws
hyper-inflation and economic collapse
spanish flu epidemic
pneumonia running wild
rickets
rising right-wing

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
the 1960's was the WOAT.

not only all the assassinations, redlining, racism plus the civil rights movement, and then the decade ends with the vietnam war.
Like if any of those past decades had social media can you imagine :picard: A random shooting in Iowa can go viral in an hour now, if anything back in the day went “viral” it was a huuuuuge deal. So much shyt happens now and you forget about it by the next year.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Nah, it ain't the 1920's or 1940's.

I think the 2040's might be wild considering the rise of facism/nationalism globally and the soft power campaigns from China in Africa. And especially as AI and disinformation becomes harder to recognize. There's going to be another massive global conflict.

But the 2020's, not really. For as terrible as COVID was, there was a very brief period of time where people actually expressed care for one another. And the George Floyd thing was more heartening that not. Was the first time I ever saw, with my own eyes, millions of white people cape for a black cause like that.

Not that it was earth shattering...but it was nice to see.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
IDF might be the extremist. They were shooting at random folks during the “ceasefire”. They’ve killed +6000 children. +15000 people since October 7th. Netanyahu is a war criminal. Most of the people in power now in Israel changed their names to seem like they we’re actually from the area and not Europe

Some Persian women are BADDIES :wow:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Did something significant happen in the 1940s?
:patrice:
I get the vague feeling that there was a sudden and unexplained shortage of bagels and pastrami sandwiches in Berlin around that time.... :patrice:

But surely OP is right that COVID-19 has the same importance as whatever caused the bagel shortages in the 40s :troll:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
The 2020s will go down as the worst decade of the 21st century (so far) but if you just read a history book you'll see that even a random decade from the early 20th century was so much worse. There's a general malaise hanging over this decade as people are overworked and miserable and trying to maintain in such a superficial and empty society so it seems a lot worse. People just aren't happy right now. But historically the 2020s aren't so bad compared to recent history. It's still a shyt time to be alive though.