2020 Random NFL Thoughts Thread

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
D-Fo gotta be the biggest Pro Bowl snub. Unreal.

Small market bias smh

Seattle up to #26 in nfl in yardage
And #15 in PPG

Yeah exactly, because they were never the worst defense in NFL history, not even the worst defense this season.
That was just a narrative Seahawk fans were running while Russ' MVP campaign was still hot.

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
Small market bias smh

Yeah exactly, because they were never the worst defense in NFL history, not even the worst defense this season.
That was just a narrative Seahawk fans were running while Russ' MVP campaign was still hot.
Actually they were on pace to blow those numbers out the water out at the time. The defense just improved. There's vids on this.

They were basically giving up more yards per game than peyton broncos 2012/13 offense averaged

They were on pace to beat the record by 500 yards

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:gucci:

Through the first half of 2020, Seattle’s pass defense was statistically the worst in NFL history, allowing an eye-popping 362.1 passing yards per game.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Look like the Steelers didn't learn from the Saints.
When you got an old ass QB the throws add up on that arm at the end of the season :pachaha:

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX

You really think the Seahawks in the first half of this season were the worst defense in history?
Pass yards per game have gone up year over year, why would it be surprising that a current team has/had the highest given up per game? That doesn't make them the worst pass defense ever, poor use of statistics.

Dak averaged 371 passing yards per game this year, I believe that is best all time. Was Dak leading the best passing offense in NFL history before he went down?

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You really think the Seahawks in the first half of this season were the worst defense in history?
Pass yards per game have gone up year over year, why would it be surprising that a current team has/had the highest given up per game? That doesn't make them the worst pass defense ever, poor use of statistics.

Dak averaged 371 passing yards per game this year, I believe that is best all time. Was Dak leading the best passing offense in NFL history before he went down?

They were statistically the worst pass defense in history by a good margin. How is a fact a poor use of statistics?:dahell:

You can't use Dak as an example because he was forced to throw because his defense was so bad they were forced to throw in losses. Seattle was winning.

Just hold your L.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
They were statistically the worst pass defense in history by a good margin. How is a fact a poor use of statistics?:dahell:

You can't use Dak as an example because he was forced to throw because his defense was so bad they were forced to throw in losses. Seattle was winning.

Just hold your L.

Again, passing yards have trended up year over year, because teams are passing more often now and rule changes. Using passing/yards as the sole metric to determine who the worst passing team all is a poor use of statistics. 2020 is one of the NFL's "best" years ever in terms of passing yards per game and the top 10 passing yard/game seasons all time are all within the last 10 years.

Seahawks were averaging well over 30 points per game through their first 8 games and went 6-2. If teams are forced to throw more in losses, wouldn't the fact that teams were forced to throw more against a high scoring Seattle team have a negative impact on how many passing yards they give up per game?

The Seahawks have been thrown on 594 times this year which leads the NFL by like 30 passes. They aren't even the worst team if you break it down into yards given up per pass play.

And no you can't just throw Dak out because they were losing. Dude was crushing the pass yards/game record, but no one would ever say he was leading the best pass offense of all time...because no one is dumb enough to apply this type of logic to QBs.

Last edited:

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
More embarrasing loss this week, Rams or Steelers? I gotta go steelers seeing as it was prime time, blown out for the first half, 3rd loss in a row

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
I'm on Twitter all the time, but never Tweet, unless it was because 5dimes cost me upwards of $10,000 back in September.

However, I'm going after every BeliGOAT detractor out there. These cretins absolutely disgust me. Almost as disgusting as watching the Patriots offense this year.:hhh:.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
One of the big mistakes a lot of teams make is when the season is essentially over, they have nothing to play for, they overrate performances and think it carries over to the next season.

For example Your QB sucked all year, is the biggest reason you’re not gonna play in January, then in December he has a couple of nice performances against horrible defenses and you think “OMG he’s turning it around let’s give him one more shot”. Nope

Look at last years falcons, started out 1-7 and finished strong down the stretch including winning their last game. Did they carry that momentum into the next season? Of course not, they ended up firing the GM/HC in the middle of the year anyway.

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I don’t care what nikkas arguing Seahawks should not have 3 defensive players in the pro bowl while Washington has 1