wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Article articulates everything non sanders supporters said, yet we were “just hating.”

The boy Bernie ain’t good at politics man
it is a tiring affair to come in here day in and day out for months saying that shyt

then some nikka drops a long ass twitter thread and people are like, damn that was insightful how did we not see it :ohhh:

you are a (insert whatever derogatory political term is in style for them at the moment) if you say any of that shyt before their echo chambers finally admit to it :mjlol:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Rashida had no business winning that seat.
Not saying Rashida will lose, but I don’t think she is a lock to win. She has always the most vulnerable member in the squad imo. She got elected in a majority Black district because the Black vote was split. I would expect her to still win but I wouldn’t be shocked if she was to lose. Her seat is also the seat of the iconic John Conyers.
Trick is to find someone without baggage. If they do, then it's over for her.
Baggage? She has a +55% favorability ratings in her district.
She put in the work to win that seat. And Rashida is doing a good job in Congress. Plus she has $1.2M cash on hand. Her approval rating in MI-13 is sky high. One of my homeboys is from that district and his parents say Rashida is putting in the work and holding town meetings all the time.

Also, just from talking to Rashida myself, she’s been prepping for a primary since she won the last one. :russ:

She has won black votes during her career.

Brenda Jones is ight but not the fighter Rashida is. Also she is a notoriously bad fundraiser. And she had the seat for 5 weeks.

It may be competitive but Rashida is the clear favorite despite a couple of her rookie mistakes.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
Well I, for one, am glad Mike DeWine is 73 years old and old school conservative, not MAGA (statewide OHGOP typically aren't). This mofo would be in prime position to run for POTUS or unseat Sherrod if he were younger.

Fun fact, Sherrod actually unseated DeWine to become Senator.:smugdraper:
Didn't she say he was a harasser?
Why do you think it took postal banking bae this long?:heh:
Is there a new (proposed) primary schedule? Has the DNC made a statement or shared a contingency plan? I know there is corona, but they also need to be working on a plan for the election and voting in response to it

A guide to all the debates, primaries, and caucuses before Election Day 2020

Ohio is telling it's residents to vote absentee (which was already no excuse), but they'll hold the in person primary on June 2nd.

Also, that article needs an update because, as of yesterday, PR pushed their primary back to April 26th.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Re: that article. Just understand that any criticism of Sanders, Warren or any other democratic primary candidate is null and void because Joe Biden ran the worst campaign ever and has a 50-50 shot of being president. It is also null and void because Bloomberg came in with nothing but money and was going to finish third. You’re tacitly admitting that someone had to be a god level politician to beat a mediocre politician like Biden strictly based on his name recognition. And if you’re not spending more time trying to untangle why that is than on explaining how any candidate could beat that - then you’re part of the problem from MY perspective.

And that’s really every HL argument in a nutshell. Either you’re arguing about how the electorate has been conditioned to choose or you’re arguing about what candidates should have done to appeal to the electorate given those realities. There’s no winning that argument because people aren’t even accepting the same premise. There’s a “how it all fell apart” for every candidate. You can pick and choose what confirms your own biases.

The primary has made two things clear, based on all polling the left has won the policy battle and based on age and demographics, that will not change. It is also clear that the left is losing the personality battle and the organizing battle. Thus, what began in 2015 will remix itself until those issues are resolved.

Hopefully, this month marks the end of circle jerks and people try to actually inform on the best way to beat Trump because Democrats are fumbling the bag. The aforementioned battle can restart in 2021. I’m currently hoping Democrats don’t get burned by all those former Republican suburbanites that have moved blue.