2016 was the worst summer movie season since......

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
......?

How many of this summer's major releases were better than "ehhh, it was OK"?

My list:
Civil War
The BFG

Nothing else got better than 6/10 from me. It's been a remarkable poor summer movie season.

I've seen some suggest 2009, which is fair because it was an awful summer too....but the writer's strike is at least partly to blame for that imo.

Anyway, fukk this summer :scusthov:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
......?

How many of this summer's major releases were better than "ehhh, it was OK"?

My list:
Civil War
The BFG

Nothing else got better than 6/10 from me. It's been a remarkable poor summer movie season.

I've seen some suggest 2009, which is fair because it was an awful summer too....but the writer's strike is at least partly to blame for that imo.

Anyway, fukk this summer :scusthov:
I'd put 2009 above this. At least it gave us district 9
Inglorious basterds
Star trek
500 days of summer :troll:

I think this whole year has been dreadful. Looking back at the mid 00s there were way less blockbusters. This summer was overstuffed with them.

Reminds me of 2013 rap wise when every major artist released an album and they were all mediocre

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
maybe it's cause i'm not trying to be a part time professional critic, but i disagree...all the movies i've checked out in the theaters this year have at least been entertaining/good to me...none of the movies i saw left me thinking 'that was bad', 'eh..ok', nor left me feeling how i felt after watching transformers 2/3, xmen 3, spiderman 3, etc.....

think this age of social media, where people can easily express themselves to the masses, has changed people's perspectives on things...instead of just enjoying shyt, people wanna be like i said: part time professional critics when it comes to everything and voice their opinions like it's the only one that matters...that's why the grading scale for shyt has changed drastically...people are saying stuff like 'it's not bad...it was eh, ok' when they give shyt a 7 outta 10 lol....for something to be deemed 'good' by people it seems it gotta be earth shattering, damn near the best thing ever nowadays....

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's been a pretty bad year overall as far as Hollywood productions go.

:mjlol:

And I saw Snowpiercer way, way before that summer.:russ:
:manny: i liked 22 but not as much as 21. The streets seem to love it though.

And yea this summer was so bad it makes chef look like citizen Kane:troll:

Daps
Reppin
St louis
needed more Marvel.
:jbhmm:

wat6rr.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
maybe it's cause i'm not trying to be a part time professional critic, but i disagree...all the movies i've checked out in the theaters this year have at least been entertaining/good to me...none of the movies i saw left me thinking 'that was bad', 'eh..ok', nor left me feeling how i felt after watching transformers 2/3, xmen 3, spiderman 3, etc.....

think this age of social media, where people can easily express themselves to the masses, has changed people's perspectives on things...instead of just enjoying shyt, people wanna be like i said: part time professional critics when it comes to everything and voice their opinions like it's the only one that matters...that's why the grading scale for shyt has changed drastically...people are saying stuff like 'it's not bad...it was eh, ok' when they give shyt a 7 outta 10 lol....for something to be deemed 'good' by people it seems it gotta be earth shattering, damn near the best thing ever nowadays....
I agree that I haven't felt that this summer has been full of terrible movies. Most of what I saw was entertaining. I just have only seen one movie this summer that I consider great and that was The Nice Guys.