Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Barners continue their tradition after HUGE win against Wazzu :mjpls:

toomer-oak-first-roll-011jpg-753495359f7021e9.jpg

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
First week brainvomit

Alabama out Beamerballed the Hokies. I wasn't impressed with their OL (I know I'm going out on a limb...), but I do think that Saban and the Tide can right the ship between week 1 and Texas A&M.

I thought that OSU's D would be a little stiffer and more well-rounded than what I saw. Urban Meyer tries too hard to be outside the box sometimes. Going for two early was kind of silly.

Oregon...looking good. Interested to see them play a team that they can't just run off the field. Started hot though. And they covered the spread, what the shyt.

UGA performed just about how I imagined that they would. I knew not to expect much on defense. Their RBs played well. Clemson just had too much for them to handle. The mark of the Richt era of UGA should be that he always had the great offensive weapons he needed to compete at an elite level, but could never get the D to gel when it mattered the most. Year to year, either they don't have it together in the coverage, or they can't tackle, or they're playing half-motivated. Something about the UGA defense is off JUST ENOUGH every year, for whatever reason, to keep them out of the big game.

On that same note, Clemson looks damn good. Sammy SMOKED that UGA defense.

South Carolina might not be the best team in their state. I don't know if SCar can keep up with Clemson offensively. They did come out strong against UNC and hold them off for the remainder of the game.

A&M/Manziel is fun to watch, but you just know it's coming to them. Manziel won't be mocking opponents all year. I did think that his celebrations were hilarious tough. I don't hate the guy, I just think he sticks his chin out there too much.

Louisville and Bridgewater look great, but there are ZERO games that we can use to judge them this year. As it stands, their schedule is pathetic. The only way I see them getting in the NC game is if the rest of the top 8 teams have two losses, with some of those losses coming late in the year. The computers and voters aren't going to cut The Ville any slack.

Florida needs to find some offense. Defense didn't look bad. I guess this year is more of last year?

I thought LSU looked great, considering the departure of a lot of their talent on D, I was expecting them to gas out a bit. Their offense was looking good too. TCU isn't an easy victory either, so it's definitely something the Tigers can hang their hat on early.

Notre Dame...whatever.

The OkSt performance was like watching a someone win an arm wrestling match. They're obviously strong enough to put away mid-level SEC talent. I wasn't especially impressed with their offense considering this was Miss State's first game without their deep and talented secondary from last year.

Texas won big, so it's a start. I want to see if Mack Brown is still hungry.

Oklahoma was starting two quarterbacks at the same time and all of that? Belldozer or bust. Stoops just loves to sling the ball around too much.

Nebraska D is so garbage. It's hard to watch. They aren't a top 25 team.

Michigan's defense looked pretty good IMO. Didn't the DC say this is the best defense he's had in some years?

Boise State looked horrible, or Washington looked that good.

UCLA is good once they hit their stride. That second half was nasty.

I wasn't impressed with USC, and I thought that it was hilarious that Lane got backdoored at the end. This man is too aware of point spreads to let something like that go unnoticed.

Wisconsin looked pretty good considering the coaching change. I didn't think they'd shutout UMass. It's not the most impressive win in the world, but they were focused.

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
First week brainvomit

Alabama out Beamerballed the Hokies. I wasn't impressed with their OL (I know I'm going out on a limb...), but I do think that Saban and the Tide can right the ship between week 1 and Texas A&M.

I thought that OSU's D would be a little stiffer and more well-rounded than what I saw. Urban Meyer tries too hard to be outside the box sometimes. Going for two early was kind of silly.

Oregon...looking good. Interested to see them play a team that they can't just run off the field. Started hot though. And they covered the spread, what the shyt.

UGA performed just about how I imagined that they would. I knew not to expect much on defense. Their RBs played well. Clemson just had too much for them to handle. The mark of the Richt era of UGA should be that he always had the great offensive weapons he needed to compete at an elite level, but could never get the D to gel when it mattered the most. Year to year, either they don't have it together in the coverage, or they can't tackle, or they're playing half-motivated. Something about the UGA defense is off JUST ENOUGH every year, for whatever reason, to keep them out of the big game.

South Carolina might not be the best team in their state. I don't know if SCar can keep up with Clemson offensively. They did come out strong against UNC and hold them off for the remainder of the game.

A&M/Manziel is fun to watch, but you just know it's coming to them. Manziel won't be mocking opponents all year. I did think that his celebrations were hilarious tough. I don't hate the guy, I just think he sticks his chin out there too much.

Louisville and Bridgewater look great, but there are ZERO games that we can use to judge them this year. As it stands, their schedule is pathetic. The only way I see them getting in the NC game is if the rest of the top 8 teams have two losses, with some of those losses coming late in the year. The computers and voters aren't going to cut The Ville any slack.

Florida needs to find some offense. Defense didn't look bad. I guess this year is more of last year?

I thought LSU looked great, considering the departure of a lot of their talent on D, I was expecting them to gas out a bit. Their offense was looking good too. TCU isn't an easy victory either, so it's definitely something the Tigers can hang their hat on early.

Notre Dame...whatever.

The OkSt performance was like watching a someone win an arm wrestling match. They're obviously strong enough to put away mid-level SEC talent. I wasn't especially impressed with their offense considering this was Miss State's first game without their deep and talented secondary from last year.

Oklahoma was starting two quarterbacks at the same time and all of that? Belldozer or bust. Stoops just loves to sling the ball around too much.

Michigan's defense looked pretty good IMO. Didn't the DC say this is the best defense he's had in some years?

I wasn't impressed with USC, and I thought that it was hilarious that Lane got backdoored at the end. This man is too aware of point spreads to let something like that go unnoticed.

Wisconsin looked pretty good considering the coaching change. I didn't think they'd shutout UMass. It's not the most impressive win in the world, but they were focused.

Nebraska allowing 600 yards in 3 straight games straight garbage. Pelini lucked into the Big 10 title game last year anyway getting lucky wins vs NW and MSU and lets not forget Michigan putting in sorry Bellamy after Denard went down in the game at Lincoln.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First week brainvomit

Notre Dame...whatever.

OK state looked much better offneisvely in the 2nd half when they brought in that lefthanded qb who could run if he plays well all year theyll be real good

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
If Winston is as entertaining on the field as he is in interviews and at media days then I can't wait to see him.

I wonder if he'll break out the hammertime