2012 - Official College Football Random Thoughts thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFryingDutchman

Grad School is killing me:damn:
Daps
:salute: to my NIU brehs. Its always nice to see a Illinois school winning big games on TV(:scusthov:/:snoop: @ the Illini). The parties @ NIU this weekend are gonna be:ahh:. I might have to make the 40 minute drive over there on Saturday:scheme::shaq:

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
No BCS buster this year

it's not like it matters anyway.

2014 is going to change everything. As CFB fans, we all have to do our part promoting the 4 team playoff for what it's going to be, the first step down the right path to fix CFB.

I can't wait to see the CFB landscape 10-15 years from now. We have to do everything that we can to promote the fix, which is the playoff.

This December/January when you hear sports fans bytch about the BCS, etc etc. Do your part and explain that the playoffs are coming.

CFB fans can bytch and moan all they want, but the common fan swinging the market numbers are what is going to bring change.

Once the 4 team playoff exceeds expectations, we are staring at expansion. Expansion will drive the "Rankings Conversation", which is that the media needs to STFU about pre-season rankings and week 1-6 rankings.

We are close to really turning this around and making college football wildly popular, resulting in the advancement of the sport that we love.

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
For such a fast-paced civilization in a global economy making millions hand over fist, college football moves at a snails pace

It's embarrassing.

Put the grandpas to bed.

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
stanfordfanlovesrose.0_standard_709.0.gif

:heh:

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
No BCS buster this year

2014 is going to change everything. As CFB fans, we all have to do our part promoting the 4 team playoff for what it's going to be, the first step down the right path to fix CFB.

I can't wait to see the CFB landscape 10-15 years from now. We have to do everything that we can to promote the fix, which is the playoff.

This December/January when you hear sports fans bytch about the BCS, etc etc. Do your part and explain that the playoffs are coming.

CFB fans can bytch and moan all they want, but the common fan swinging the market numbers are what is going to bring change.

The 1961 broadcast act(NFL cannot broadcast on Friday or Saturday when College and high school ball is on or some shyt) and the NFL is a big stepping stone, I remember reading somewhere. I will try to find the link..

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
The 1961 broadcast act and the NFL is a big stepping stone, I remember reading somewhere..

I get where you're coming from, sure

When I say "sport" I don't mean Football as a WHOLE, I mean college football.

A lot of sports fans discredit CFB because there is not playoff system, and this is the first step in legitimizing CFB for the masses.

From an entertainment standpoint, there is very little to lose by a CFB playoff being widely and wildly popular.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
No BCS buster this year

Once the 4 team playoff exceeds expectations, we are staring at expansion. Expansion will drive the "Rankings Conversation", which is that the media needs to STFU about pre-season rankings and week 1-6 rankings.

We are close to really turning this around and making college football wildly popular, resulting in the advancement of the sport that we love.

actually boise n niu are the last hope
ucla lost so they drop from 16

its slim though

Status
Not open for further replies.