2012 - Official College Football Random Thoughts thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
PCP, if Oregon gets up to the point where it forces Bama to throw, the reign might be over breh

charknicks

All Star
Daps
Chip is running this up because is ranked #3 in the BCS. He is going for national TV style points right now.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
yes it is. i'd say about 95% want him gone right now. the problem is the other 5% are the big money boosters. mack is a terrible coach but he is an excellent schmoozer. he's built up a lot of capital with the big money guys over the last decade so they are still firmly on his side. lose to baylor again and that might change.

alum brian jones went ham on him yesterday. even told a story of mack and his goons privately threatening him in the past for being too hard on the horns when he used to be on the radio here in austin.

url]

So what's that story? I was gonna ask, is Mack really as nice as he comes across? He comes across as the nicest guy ever, almost enough to make me feel sory for whoopin his head every year. He can't be that nice behind the scenes. College football is so cutthroat, you gotta be :birdman: at least half the time.

But truth be told, y'all were not gonna beat us Sat regardless. The score could have been lower or the gap smaller, for sure, but we were not losing that game. Y'alls problem was you tried to play a different game...y'all came out tryna throw when it was only 6-2....you shoulda ran teh ball & ateup clock like y'all do. Instead you didn't and the game got outta hand real fast and then it seemed like y'all quit.

Also, it's like I told someone else, Texas was a 1-man team from '05-10. Vince Young first, then Colt. Outside of some outstanding Defensive players like Orakpo & Earl Thomas, oh and Jammal Charles, Texas was a 1-man team relying solely on production from 1 player. You can't recruit all that talent every year and have this be the case

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
oregon hasnt played anyone either. and do they have to really stop the run? theyre up by 20 so quick it's not a factor. do i think they could stop a constant run game for 4 quarters nope. if oregon got up early it'd be over cuz bama aint built like that but i do think theyd keep it close and wear O down.
neutral field with time to prepare like a bowl: Bama
neutral field with a week to prepare: Oregon
:aicmon: Don't fall for the hype.

Oregon is a garbage. THey run up the score on overrated, inferior Pac 12 competion

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
ur money is finito :whew:

wu5weu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.