2012 - Official College Football Random Thoughts thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
:manny:.......there schedule doesnt really get that hard till the 8th game.....the playing of both Michigan squads back to back is what is going to get them....Ill still keep an eye on them though....

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
Oh word?

TN------------------------------------MI---------------------------------------
12/22/1984 Sun Bowl L ----12/21/1984 Holiday Bowl (1) L
1/1/1986 Sugar Bowl W ----1/1/1986 Fiesta Bowl W
12/29/1986 Liberty W ----1/1/1987 Rose Bowl L
1/2/1988 Peach Bowl W ----1/2/1988 Hall of Fame Bowl W
1/1/1990 Cotton Bowl W ----1/2/1989 Rose Bowl W
1/1/1991 Sugar Bowl W ----1/1/1990 Rose Bowl L
1/1/1992 Fiesta Bowl L -----1/1/1991 Gator Bowl W
1/1/1993 Hall of Fame W ----1/1/1992 Rose Bowl L
1/1/1994 Florida Citrus L ----1/1/1993 Rose Bowl W
12/30/1994 Gator W ----1/1/1994 Hall of Fame Bowl W
1/1/1996 Florida Citrus W ----12/30/1994 Holiday Bowl (1) W
1/1/1997 Florida Citrus W ----12/28/1995 Alamo Bowl L
1/2/1998 Orange Bowl L ----1/1/1997 Outback Bowl L
1/4/1999 Fiesta Bowl W ----1/1/1998 Rose Bowl W
1/2/2000 Fiesta Bowl L ----1/1/1999 Florida Citrus Bowl W
1/1/2001 Cotton Bowl L ----1/1/2000 Orange Bowl W
1/1/2002 Florida Citrus W ----1/1/2001 Florida Citrus Bowl W
12/31/2002 Peach L ----1/1/2002 Florida Citrus Bowl L
1/2/2004 Peach Bowl L ----1/1/2003 Outback Bowl W
1/1/2005 Cotton Bowl W ----1/1/2004 Rose Bowl L
1/1/2007 Outback Bowl L ----1/1/2005 Rose Bowl L
1/1/2008 Outback Bowl W ----12/28/2005 Alamo Bowl L
12/31/2009 Peach L ----1/1/2007 Rose Bowl L
12/30/2010 Music City L ----1/1/2008 Capital One Bowl W
NO BOWL-------- ----1/1/2011 Gator Bowl L
NO BOWL-------- ----1/3/2012 Sugar Bowl W

Same amount of national titles....NO BOWLS in the past two years for TN...michigan missed bowls in exactly two years, TN in FOUR...Michigan has More tier zero bowls (rose, sugar, etc) while TN has a lotta PEACH, HALL OF FAME, and LIBERTY bowls

TN has zero heismans, less all americans, and less conference championships, they have TWO notable players in 25 fukkin years, and they have an AWFUL future ahead of themselves.

Big Steve, you're a good dude

but fukk TN

Really don't care about the stats, I know that Tennessee >> Michigan. :ehh:

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
I'm not gonna convince y'all FSU's defense is legit. It's obvious you guys won't buy in until FSU is playing for the national title in Miami. It's all good and it's hilarious seeing Miami fans talk greasy y'all whipping will be coming in due time. :smugdraper:

BTW ND beats MSU and Michigan the next 2 weeks. :jawalrus:

dtownreppin214

l'immortale
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Shags & Leathers
what's going on at auburn? :mjpls:

why is there a big ass thread on 247? :mjpls:

i'm hearing the bomb is finally about to drop. :lolbron:

I start all this by saying this is repeated from several different sources who are all very close to the Memphis school system and have been talking about this story for months waiting for it to pop. Well it is about to happen.

My source says the NCAA has been digging since the Cam situation never giving up. The changed grade on Jovon Robinson gave them a source to start with. This source finally broke down and confessed that the volleyball coach at Wooddale HS was the one who had the grade changed. She also provided Jovon as well as other's rides down to unofficial visits to AU. She is a Auburn grad and many think she may be the delivery mechanism in the Cam and other money transfers. Also MSU is in trouble over the Will Redmond case where he was basically bought and paid for lock stock and barrel to come there. Rather than pay severe penalties MSU agreed to turn on Auburn and this may be more of a crucify Trooper situation than a crucify Auburn case.He is truly in their sights and they want him bad. They apparently caught him in some lies. One this about the Volleyball coach is she took Robinson down to a unofficial visit without notifying his mother. On the way home the car allegedly broke down and they had to pull off and spend the night at a motel. The next morning the mother put an APB out on her son. To say she was none to happy when he showed up with the volleyball coach. He spoke of this going all the way back to the Cam situation only this time with money trails and actual proof. As the Mod's at Auburn Rivals are saying, it looks really bad. Really bad. Their fans are trying to push it away as just another attempt to get them, but it may be the nail in the coffin. Due to their better than everyone one else attitude, I hope they put them away and take their little crystal ball. Again this guy was sworn to many more secrets which he termed unbelievable so as someone said this could get fun. I just hope it's not another one where Auburn walks away looking like the innocent university we all know they are not.Most of all I hope they get Trooper Taylor and he is never allowed to associate with college athletics again.

I take credit for no part of this story, but was just like most of you and looking for answers.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
everything ive heard is that its MSU who is not looking good

Auburn was the ones who reported the grade change apparently :leon:

this Will Redmond player for MSU apparently got a car and several "money" handshakes in front of the wrong person

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
VanGorder says defense not ready for 'man'

AUBURN -- When defensive coordinator Brian VanGorder was hired earlier this year to revamp the Tigers' foundering defense, the talk was about aggression.

Auburn was expected to begin attacking opponents.

That hasn't yet happened. VanGorder's group hasn't been able to create much confusion along the line of scrimmage and coverages, for the most part, have been zone schemes aimed at denying home-run passes. In short, the Tigers seem passive.

He has a simple answer - at least for the lack of in-your-face man schemes in the secondary.

"We're not built to play a lot of press man," VanGorder said Tuesday night. "I watched the 1-on-1's again today. We've got to go out and practice and get better at that. A lot of our mission has been to cut down on big plays over our head -- that was a problem a year ago -- and you know, we've been able to do that in the first two games. We're going to play to our player's strengths, right now (man coverage) is not one of our strengths."

Auburn has pieced together three highly regarded recruiting classes, though none of them featured a highly touted cornerback. Chris Davis, a three-star prospect, has been the most productive cornerback so far this season. Junior Jonathan Mincy (three-star) and senior T'Sharvan Bell (four-star safety in 2008) also played at least 20 snaps apiece against MSU.

Another three-star signee, Ryan White, also played Saturday.

VanGorder said Tuesday that the Tigers simply don't have the kinds of players who can thrive in man-to-man coverage, which forces him to use schemes he'd prefer to use as change-of-pace looks.

:why:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
its not the LBs imo

its the corners being forced to play off

we cant even run a good tampa 2(corners jam, play shallow zone)

the safeties arent that bad but the corners have to improve, Whitaker and Blackson have to get a more consistent push in the middle so that the DEs have something to hit with that speed rush, an inside move is so risky considering letting an athletic QB break outside containment

the problem is Auburn has recruited GREAT the last 3 years, just on offense :wow: if you break down the signees by defense its lacking to say the least, and many of them either havent panned out or have been lost to attrition

this year will be the first for a big splash at LB and DT since nick fairley/Corey Lemonier

i knew something was up with the way we played defense but i never realized its a lack of faith in playing press coverage, that hurts so much AND makes us weak to screen passes

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
i knew something was up with the way we played defense but i never realized its a lack of faith in playing press coverage, that hurts so much AND makes us weak to screen passes
You right. It's not the LBs. I just felt like picking on them. Still though...

:to:

Status
Not open for further replies.