20 years ago NBA Street Vol. 2 dropped

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Nah fr tho. Put me on to East Coast rap big time :wow:

Would've never heard of the greats like Black Sheep, Benzino and Pete Rock + CL Smooth if it weren't for this game

Not just music, I was more into football growing up, but this game inadvertently kick-started my Mitchell & Ness addiction
throwback jerseys, not even once:sadcam:

still have my copyšŸ„²

WjW3UBR.jpg

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
would yall be into a game like this if it didn't have the NBA license?

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
man, me and my boys played the hell out of this game after school. My boy was a huge laker fan and would run kobe Shaq and magic in pick up mode. I made him throw his controller and break it after beating him with 84 & 96 Jordan and wilt with a two point shot by 96 Jordan tied 19/19

Last edited:

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Probably.

Has anybody done a decent reboot of this concept in the modern era? Iā€™ve seen some games in the market that looked like copycats but they never had enough buzz for me to try it

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps

Absolutely, but today it would need some hook like being able to play as current popular street ballers and content creators, a solid soundtrack with known artists and brands for the current generation. It'd have to be around the $30-40 range or free to play, but I can see it being very popular with young people and the streaming crowd if it was done correctly. The feel of the game would have to be immaculate though.

Last edited:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
man, me and my boys played the hell out of this game after school. My boy was a huge laker fan and would run kobe Shaq and magic in pick up mode. I made him throw his controller and break after beating him with 84 & 96 Jordan and wilt with a two point shot by 96 Jordan tied 19/19

Any great team had Wilt on it. He was a wall at the rim and wasnt slow

I used to fiend this game. Couldnt wait to get home after school to play it. Stayed up past my bedtime too