2 of Amerika’s Most Wanted: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I honestly don’t know how the Kobe vs lebron thing even started, lebron 7 years younger then Kobe and they never faced in the playoffs

The media mostly. They instigated it through their coverage of them and it made Laker fans resentful of LeBron and made LeBron fans completely dismissive of Kobe....:manny:

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
The media mostly. They instigated it through their coverage of them and it made Laker fans resentful of LeBron and made LeBron fans completely dismissive of Kobe....:manny:
This is true obviously I’m a lebron fan but I never hated Kobe. The only time I felt a way about Kobe was when the situation with him telling on Shaq came up.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Too many postups right now. They need to get him the ball rolling to the basket though it's hard to do that with javale/dwight in the paint.
I'm not even sure the problem is postups...

But they are grounding the crap out of him...I don't understand how he is not getting more calls....

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
This is the thing about having a bunch of defensive guys on the coaching staff

We've got the best defense in the league, but a fairly unimaginative offense

Breh, I can’t even imagine how much better this team would look with a real offensive guru on the coaching staff. We’ve got the players to have a great offense but we just gotta make it happen.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
It was the 2009 season with the puppet commercials..

People thought we was gonna see Cavs vs Lakers but the Magic stepped in and made Mike Brown look stupid as hell in that series and knocked the Cavs off :mjlol:

areohbee824

Superstar
Daps
AD's offense got me concerned lately, seems like those injuries are catching up to him :lupe:

He's still been great getting those blocks and defensive presence, but definitely hesitating throwing it down and shots still not quite there

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I honestly don’t know how the Kobe vs lebron thing even started, lebron 7 years younger then Kobe and they never faced in the playoffs
They were the two most dominant wing players at the time, and on opposite coasts. TMac let us down too many times and Duncan has the personality of a cardboard box. Plus I think deep down people could see in the mid-late 00s that both Bron and Kobe were both headed to top-5 ish type players. A finals between them would have been colossal.

Now the beef between stan bases is a bit strange though. Cant really pinpoint a moment were that would have started. :patrice:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
It was the 2009 season with the puppet commercials..

People thought we was gonna see Cavs vs Lakers but the Magic stepped in and made Mike Brown look stupid as hell in that series and knocked the Cavs off :mjlol:
Mike Brown was a problem but I think the roster they gave Brown was worse. The front office signed a 6'1" tweener guard who couldn't play defense or pass off the dribble and had no experience in big moments and that was supposed to be LeBron's top sidekick in a title run? Remember when Kobe was demanding more help in LA and they got Pau, imagine how he would have reacted if they got him Mo Williams instead. :childplease: Their roster was like a grab-bag of basketball skill elements with no rhyme or reason to how they would fit together.

And then there was also just bad luck. The Cavs actually could have handled the Lakers because they just happened to match up well - the Lakers had no beast offensive presence inside to take advantage of Cleveland's skinny big men(Bynum was a 20min defensive presence at that point with little offensive development), Varejao and Iglauskas matched up fairly well with Pau, neither Fisher nor Farmar were going to burn Mo's weak defense, and LeBron outplayed Kobe more often than not.

On the other hand the Cavs had a horrible roster against Orlando. Dwight could just manhandle Z inside, Varejao wasn't nearly fast enough to chase Rashard out to the 3pt line, Turkoglu was a good 7" taller than Delonte West, and Mo got his ass burned by Skip to My Lou all series long. Mike Brown's attempt to have LeBron guard Pietrus and then just help on everyone didn't work for shyt, but what would have worked? He probably should have had LeBron stick on Turk all game with Delonte on Pietrus and then had LeBron double off of Turk, but that would have only been slightly more effective. It was just not a very skilled or balanced roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.