2 of Amerika’s Most Wanted: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
More playing time for KCP :snoop:
giphy.webp

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
How is Thornton as a defender?
That's supposed to be his strength. Big and strong with long-ass arms and some saying he can guard 1-4. He's young so he has a lot to learn but the physical tools are there.

Shooting was his problem in college. Just 30% from three and 67% from the line.

If you want a Laker comp, maybe his ceiling is the Laker version of MWP. More current you could say a perimeter model of Draymond Green though without the elite bball IQ. Which would be a great find where they drafted him at.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
CacRuso needs to start, both him and AB were shooting poorly, so it’s not like there’ll be a drop off w/ Ruso
If Caruso was hitting like he did last year then Cook would be in the bushes already. What the hell happened to him - was last year a fluke or is he going to pull those %'s back up this season?

I'd probably start Rondo just because the 2nd unit needs Caruso's skill set more than the first unit does. If Rondo is still waiting for the playoffs to play defense, then pairing him with Cook or Daniels and Kuzma could get ugly. Put Rondo in the starting lineup where you have Green/LeBron/AD to keep the defense under control and let him take some pressure off LeBron initiating the offense. Give Caruso extra minutes with the 2nd unit so he can defend opposing guards and do some of everything.

You could very well play Caruso more minutes than Rondo, I'm just talking which unit those minutes are weighted towards.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.