2 of Amerika’s Most Wanted: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Last edited:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
We are never going to even reach the eastern conference finals, but thanks for the encouragement :mjcry:
Y'all have a great young team. With Trae, Collins, Huerter is a nice role player, I've liked what I've seen out of Hunter. Reddish I'm not totally sold on but with just those pieces there is a great future for you all. It may take a few years but the future is promising.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I'm listening to this Bill Simmons podcast talking about Game 4 of the 2004 Finals and listening to J.A. Adande and the media's coverage of Kobe makes so much more sense now. He mentions how he tried to play the middle but eventually gravitated towards Shaq's side. The reasons he gave was that Shaq was accessible and more open to talking to the media while Kobe was closed off to reporters. He said that none of the beat writers even so much as had Kobe's phone number and Kobe wouldn't talk to nobody. He also mentioned how Shaq would take a lot of shots towards Kobe when talking to the media. We know how protective the media is for each other and goes to explain why so many members seem to have resentment towards Kobe that most of us have pointed out.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I'm listening to this Bill Simmons podcast talking about Game 4 of the 2004 Finals and listening to J.A. Adande and the media's coverage of Kobe makes so much more sense now. He mentions how he tried to play the middle but eventually gravitated towards Shaq's side. The reasons he gave was that Shaq was accessible and more open to talking to the media while Kobe was closed off to reporters. He said that none of the beat writers even so much as had Kobe's phone number and Kobe wouldn't talk to nobody. He also mentioned how Shaq would take a lot of shots towards Kobe when talking to the media. We know how protective the media is for each other and goes to explain why so many members seem to have resentment towards Kobe that most of us have pointed out.

Seems like Barry Bonds was a similar case. But in the end Kobe ended up being right since the media showed themselves to be dikkheads back then and since then.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps

As Kobe got older he got more accessible to some guys though. I think one time I read Kobe only responded to a handful of journalists and Adande was one of them along with SAS.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
As Kobe got older he got more accessible to some guys though. I think one time I read Kobe only responded to a handful of journalists and Adande was one of them along with SAS.
Yeah on this pod Adande mentioned that Kobe usually only had a few guys he'd even talk to and he was one of them but eventually Kobe cut him out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.