2 of Amerika’s Most Wanted: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karume

All Star
Daps
I need all #LWO brews that use Twitter to make ONE tweet with the #LWO hashtag

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
people really said kuzma was better than ingram?

:dwillhuh:

the problem is ingram/lebron ain't a good mix. ingram needs to be ball dominant. he would be the odd man out on a team with bron/AD.

i love ingram and have loved the guy since he was in college, he gonna have a great career, but it wasn't gonna work right with lebron.

Not really...most said he was a bad fit....but kuz last year is better than kuz right now..
I think Ingram could have been a "Super Iggy"

Just imagine the defense with AD, Bron, Ingram on the floor.

I also think Ingram/AD's games would mesh so well that you'd keep Bron around 31 mins.

I think it would have worked really well. And unlike when Kuz's shot doesn't fall you get Ingram capable of doing other things.

Maybe I'm just being optimistic cause I believe in Vogel. :yeshrug:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Ingram could have been a "Super Iggy"

Just imagine the defense with AD, Bron, Ingram on the floor.

I also think Ingram/AD's games would mesh so well that you'd keep Bron around 31 mins.

I think it would have worked really well. And unlike when Kuz's shot doesn't fall you get Ingram capable of doing other things.

Maybe I'm just being optimistic cause I believe in Vogel. :yeshrug:
i get what you're saying, but idk. i feel like his development would be fukked up and he'd be outta here after the season.

i actually wonder how he is gonna fit with zion.

zion can play off ball though so maybe it will work. i kinda think he gonna be playing for another team next year though.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Meanwhile in New Orleans

B b b b but kuzma is better than Ingram

people really said kuzma was better than ingram?
They were definitely here I should up some of that shyt.

the problem is ingram/lebron ain't a good mix. ingram needs to be ball dominant. he would be the odd man out on a team with bron/AD.

i love ingram and have loved the guy since he was in college, he gonna have a great career, but it wasn't gonna work right with lebron.
Not really...most said he was a bad fit....but kuz last year is better than kuz right now..
Ingram might not have been an ideal fit with Bron but he was still a much better fit than Kuzma is. Ingram alongside Bron you still knew he would play hard on defense and I think (don't have proof but it seemed this way) that he hit more open shots. Both BI and Kuz seem to prefer iso with the ball in their hands but BI more versatile.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
i get what you're saying, but idk. i feel like his development would be fukked up and he'd be outta here after the season.

zion can play off ball though so maybe it will work. i kinda think he gonna be playing for another team next year though.
Its a tricky thing for sure. Its why I understood Kuz being the safer bet.

However, with Ingram it could have been that old school way of a developing a future star.

Think Ginobili (who could have put up 25 on a number of teams, but instead was a star perfecting his job as a role player) or how teams use to do in the 80s.

Or if the Thunder thought to keep Harden.

Again just talking best case scenarios if it truly worked. Will never know now tho.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset

This

Ingram can make plays, control the ball and play defense with a decent in between game but still needs work with his outside shooting although it's improving.

Playing with LeBron and AD wasn't going to allow him to develop any of these things other than a 4 point shot

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Where are the Bron stans at :wow:

Quote me and get this rep
Even through the first 2-3 games there were still Kobestans and haters saying they'd rather not have Bron on this team. :russ:

Some of them got real fukking quiet waiting for a losing streak and/or injury. :lupe:

I mean Lakers got Danny Green. He's not the scorer Lou Will is but his shooting and defense makes him an elite role player. Problem is Kuz isn't even close to Harell right now and the way Lou Will playing he's looking a little overqualified to be a third guy (on offense at least).
In the ideal world Kuz won't be a top-5 most important player on this team. This is who you want to matter:

LeBron
AD
Danny Green
Avery Bradley
Dwight Howard
A two-way distributor....maybe Caruso is the man? Cook? Playoff Rondo? Collison?
A 3-and-D forward.....maybe KCP learns to play? Maybe Iggy? Maybe Ariza?

Kuz as the scoring punch off the bench really gonna be the 8th most important piece on this team. His defense and shooting are just liabilities too large. I advocate trading him but problem is I just can't see anyone available to trade for.

On the Clips, Lou Will and Harrell both looking dangerous as fukk. Like you say though, the good thing about Lou Will is that he eats up a lot of shots, so when PG13 is getting his regular volume in the lineup it might sideline his scoring a bit and he doesn't add too much else to the equation.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
This

Ingram can make plays, control the ball and play defense with a decent in between game but still needs work with his outside shooting although it's improving.

Playing with LeBron and AD wasn't going to allow him to develop any of these things other than a 4 point shot
The thing with Kuzma is: what exactly are his elite skills? Lonzo- playmaking and defense, BI- midrange jumper, handle, and on-ball defense

To me, Kuz is only really great at moving off-ball/cutting and hitting floaters/runners in the lane. The reason he popped off his rookie season is because of his outside shooting but his shot has regressed considerably. He needs to start knocking threes down on decent volume for him to be a valuable piece on this team.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
The thing with Kuzma is: what exactly are his elite skills? Lonzo- playmaking and defense, BI- midrange jumper, handle, and on-ball defense

To me, Kuz is only really great at moving off-ball/cutting and hitting floaters/runners in the lane. The reason he popped off his rookie season is because of his outside shooting but his shot has regressed considerably. He needs to start knocking threes down on decent volume for him to be a valuable piece on this team.

But those things are exactly what LeBron needs

Kuzma seems to be more about being an industry thot than playing ball these days despite his injury even his play in FIBA didn't impress me

Status
Not open for further replies.