2 of Amerika’s Most Wanted: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2019-2020 season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Like i woke up to missed calls and texts. I get on IG and I hear something about Kobe and I don’t piece it together...

then i see headlines saying he’s dead and i think it’s a hoax...

then I started seeing it everywhere online and I’m just like “NO... No no no no no...”

i turn on ESPN and there this shyt is and im just blank

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
:mjcry: Man I didn’t fukk with MJ in his prime because I was a salty Lakers fan. But than Kobe came around and it was like we had our own personal Jordan. I never watched a Laker or player period as much as I watched him. From Kcal 9 when there was no cable to Fsn West and the nationally televised games.

Through all the criticism and adversity he faced during his career he still did him and won his way. From the air balls, the problems with Shaq and Phil, accusations of ball hogging, the legal incident, Shaq winning before him in Miami, the 08 Finals, and than the Achilles injury he always managed to come out on top.

Rip to one of my favorite players of all time who personified what it meant to be a Laker, and was able to transcend just sports while still living.

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
:mjcry::mjcry: This shyt is surreal.

:mjcry: I was low key a Lakers fan in my early teens, during the three peat era, because of Kobe.

:mjcry:Always had the utmost respect and admiration for Kobe. Starting appreciating him way more towards the end of his career and even more after his retirement, after seeing and being reminded of his greatness that he exhibited throughout the duration of his 20 season NBA career.

:mjcry: He was just getting started on more greatness in his post-basketball career/life, but unfortunately we'll never get to find out or experience that part of his life and all the good things that he would’ve brought to this world.

:mjcry: We’re all Kobe fans now and forever. I’ll never diss @CantStop or any of my LWO fam. It’s all love from here on out, brehs.

:mjcry: We asked for his hustle and he gave us his heart, brehs.

:mjcry: Heroes come and go but legends are forever. #824.

:mjcry: RIP BLACK MAMBA. RIP GIGI. GOAT. :salute:

focusloco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NORTH LAS VEGAS
damn you got to see that shyt in person
Yeah man...I worked a side job when I was in HS just so I could take me and my pops to watch it...it was the greatest sports moment I ever seen live....Kobe dunked over 3 Kings players that night...I was a fan forever since...still in disbelief

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Like i woke up to missed calls and texts. I get on IG and I hear something about Kobe and I don’t piece it together...

then i see headlines saying he’s dead and i think it’s a hoax...

then I started seeing it everywhere online and I’m just like “NO... No no no no no...”

i turn on ESPN and there this shyt is and im just blank
I read it on RealGM. It said TMZ reports but it only had one link, no one with cred was reporting it, TV was going on like shyt was good, and I was like, nikka, stop trolling! shyt, Kobe too young to be gone. Looked at this like the Lil Wayne shyt. Hoax.

Came to thecoli but it was the same. Nothing real. But I kept refreshing on thecoli and twitter. Thinking this ain't real.

My nikka, it wasn't just real, it was REAL. :mjcry:

I was one of those Hawks fans who chanted MVP when Kobe was shooting FT's my Senior year. My dad brought me and him 5 game tickets. We saw, MJ Wiz, Sixers and AI, Lakers and Kobe/Shaq. I can't remember the other two but I remember those three games vividly. Thanks pops! :mjcry:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I read it on RealGM. It said TMZ reports but it only had one link, no one with cred was reporting it, TV was going on like shyt was good, and I was like, nikka, stop trolling! shyt, Kobe too young to be gone. Looked at this like the Lil Wayne shyt. Hoax.

Came to thecoli but it was the same. Nothing real. But I kept refreshing on thecoli and twitter. Thinking this ain't real.

My homie actually called me

But I had just got off work and I take my sleep serious, I do not answer my phone if you don't text or leave a message I can read.

I went back to sleep... I only woke up to watch Zion and the baby Lakers play and that's when I started seeing shyt and I'm like "No way... it's a hoax."

Went on IG, Facebook, and ESPN and started seeing this shyt everywhere. Now I've been watching it for like 5 hours now still hoping Kobe pops out the bushes with his daughter on some "we ok" shyt...:mjcry:

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
The thing I'll remember the most is not even the ships or the personal accolades but him always playing his heart out no matter what.
Bean stayed injured throughout his career, wasted his prime on trash ass teams but you knew regardless of all the adversity he was still gonna come out and perform at the highest of his abilities. No load management no nothing. The man blew out his achilles willing us into the playoffs:wow:

This shyt is deeper than the game brehs.. We grew up with this dude. I can't even explain it like I feel 1 of my brothers died:to:

Thank you for everything Bean:mjcry:

They better get that court ready up there cause Bean and Gianna coming:banderas:

RIP to DA GAWD

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
I swear all these years I just appreciated how hard he went not just for himself but for us. I wish I could’ve thanked him.
If there’s any kind of of public memorial/service in LA I’m gonna try and make the trip, hoping it’s on one of my off days. I always told myself I was gonna meet Kobe one day and just say thanks , like I truly believed that. The least I can do would be to go to his service. I’m so fukkin hurt

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I was one of those Hawks fans who chanted MVP when Kobe was shooting FT's my Senior year. My dad brought me and him 5 game tickets. We saw, MJ Wiz, Sixers and AI, Lakers and Kobe/Shaq. I can't remember the other two but I remember those three games vividly. Thanks pops! :mjcry:
That’s crazy. That’s literally the way I found out too. Just randomly went to realgm and saw on the side one of the trending forum topics was Kobe died but it only had like 5 replies. Went to other sites and didn’t see shyt, but I kinda knew it was true. One thing about TMZ is they are usually pretty spot on with deaths. I think they were the first to report Michael Jackson dying and whitney houston. Once I saw more sites reporting it, shyt was fukking surreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.