ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I disagree, Cyberpunk is the only first person game I never got into first person shooters other than playing people in golden eye local co op back in the day

my only problem with cyberpunk was the main story, the side quests were far more interesting and I liked how they lead into other unforeseen events like real life

but the main story was wack, and you played second fiddle to johnny silverhand basically living in his shadow, they hire keanu reeves but don't use him as the main character's voice, it's dumb, the main voice for V is trash, I don't know about the female because be females in RPGs, thats for them gender fluid nikkaz

Yeah I hated all the endings to cyberpunk :snoop: just bleak asf and gave no payoff for playing the entire time... Just wtf you think writers have learned from the ME3 Debacle about bad endings In a long ass video game..

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
These devs getting lazy we was blessed by gears and resident evil...over the shoulder camera action :mjcry:

First person is the reason i don’t care about resident evil 7 and 8. The over the shoulder is ideal for me.

I wonder if VR will change how i feel about it since I’ll actually be in the game

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
First person is the reason i don’t care about resident evil 7 and 8. The over the shoulder is ideal for me.

I wonder if VR will change how i feel about it since I’ll actually be in the game
Yeah the new RE needed some over shoulder option it just doesn't even feel like the same series with it being stuck in fps camera mode during a horror series:scust:

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
I'm still going to try it out but Obsidian really is going against the grain with Avowed. Pillars 3 in the classic isometric style would be piff but unfortunately II didn't sell as well. I hope this s*** ain't no dated Skyrim. I tried the Outer Worlds out for 5 minutes and it wasn't it at alll.

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Fallout New Vegas is a far more sophisticated rpg than all those games you mentioned in the op. Ofc you can play in 3rd person if you wanted to but it’s not recommended

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
I'm still going to try it out but Obsidian really is going against the grain with Avowed. Pillars 3 in the classic isometric style would be piff but unfortunately II didn't sell as well. I hope this s*** ain't no dated Skyrim. I tried the Outer Worlds out for 5 minutes and it wasn't it at alll.
Same. I tried outerworlds out earlier this year. Couldn't even get through the 1st mission because my character wasnt voiced. :camby:

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Nah I thought this way too until I played Skyrim. I feel very immersed when I play that masterpiece.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Same. I tried outerworlds out earlier this year. Couldn't even get through the 1st mission because my character wasnt voiced. :camby:
Voiced protagonist sucks when they give you dialogue options and they make them say the shyt in a way that is literally not implied in the dialogue. There's a reason games like starfield are doing away with it after trying it out in Fallout 4. It just doesnt work because you cant tell intonation from text choices. It's fine in games where your character isn't supposed to be a blank slate but when youre playing a game where you choose your characters personality traits and back story etc. A voiced protagonist can be immersion breaking.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I like first person. I feel like 3rd person is done to death at this point. Cyberpunk wouldn't hit the same in 3rd person.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I feel the same. I'm on/off playing Cyberpunk nowadays and I can feel that sentiment already seeping in for those exact reasons.

I think VR would be the only way that first person can get that level of immersion and rectify this. And hopefully in those games, when you look down, you'll be able to easily see your attire and person like u you can in real life. I mean, I reckon immersion is supposed to be the intent with first person games, so then they need to do better with making that a more 1:1 as real life as possible, cuz how it currently is, is not it! Also, I can stand that in FP games, it always make it feel like your character is a lot lower to the ground from how your world viewpoint is. Feels like I'm playing as a midget/dwarf or a small child.
Yeah, shortgang brehs might not understand this, but it always feels weird looking up at everyone all the time in those games, they should at least let you adjust the camera height.