Daps
Not the best year but it was a great year for us black people

Pac and tyson fukking nikkas up.

TheHomie

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Don't see anything wrong in comparing years; if anything, it helps put things in perspective. I think it is possible to put a year over another, but I see what you're saying.

I feel you, I don't have any problems with comparisons between years, it's just when somebody tries to put one year over everything else ever made in hip hop history on some "96 was the best year hands down" or "94 was the best year hands down" type shyt.

I just feel it down plays everything else when somebody says that.

Everybody wants there to be a "best" in every aspect for some reason. And that shyt just don't exist fam.

Obviously I see that certain years were filled with classic albums though

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
I agree, it was a GREAT year in Hip Hop history, if that dude P Cutta was around back in 96 dude would have a made a fortune of off those Pac disses on "Street Wars" mixtapes.

All eyes on me, Jay Z's debut, 7 Day Theory, The Score, It Was Written, etc. :gladbron:

Classic songs, Hit em up, Brooklyn Finest, If I ruled the world, Toss it Up, all the singles off of AEOM, etc. :krs:

1996 is certainty in the running as the GOAT year in Hip Hop history, Life After Death dropping in 96 would have made it even better.

Doome

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your thoughts...

i used to listen to alot of snoop coz he always talked bowt hoes...then he kinda stopd, there was a big gap & Max B filled the gap.

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Lets not forget '87.

Paid In Full
Criminal Minded
Bigger And Deffer
Yo Bum Rush The Show
How Ya Lik Me Now
Rock The House