14 year old boy arrested for bringing home made clock to school.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
itmlhX8.jpg

IRVING — Ahmed Mohamed — who makes his own radios and repairs his own go-kart — hoped to impress his teachers when he brought a homemade clock to MacArthur High on Monday.

Instead, the school phoned police about Ahmed’s circuit-stuffed pencil case.

So the 14-year-old missed the student council meeting and took a trip in handcuffs to juvenile detention. His clock now sits in an evidence room. Police say they may yet charge him with making a hoax bomb — though they acknowledge he told everyone who would listen that it’s a clock.

In the meantime, Ahmed’s been suspended, his father is upset and the Council on American-Islamic Relations is once again eyeing claims of Islamophobia in Irving.

Box of circuit boards
A box full of circuit boards sits at the foot of Ahmed’s small bed in central Irving. His door marks the border where the Mohamed family’s cramped but lavishly decorated house begins to look like the back room at RadioShack.

“Here in high school, none of the teachers know what I can do,” Ahmed said, fiddling with a cable while a soldering iron dangled from the shelf behind him.

He loved robotics club in middle school and was searching for a similar niche in his first few weeks of high school.

So he decided to do what he’s always done: He built something.

Ahmed’s clock was hardly his most elaborate creation. He said he threw it together in about 20 minutes before bedtime on Sunday: a circuit board and power supply wired to a digital display, all strapped inside a case with a tiger hologram on the front.

He showed it to his engineering teacher first thing Monday morning and didn’t get quite the reaction he’d hoped for.

“He was like, ‘That’s really nice,’” Ahmed said. “‘I would advise you not to show any other teachers.’”

He kept the clock inside his school bag in English class, but the teacher complained when the alarm beeped in the middle of a lesson. Ahmed brought his invention up to show her afterward.

“She was like, it looks like a bomb,” he said.

“I told her, ‘It doesn’t look like a bomb to me.’”

The teacher kept the clock. When the principal and a police officer pulled Ahmed out of sixth period, he suspected he wouldn’t get it back.

They led Ahmed into a room where four other police officers waited. He said an officer he’d never seen before leaned back in his chair and remarked: “Yup. That’s who I thought it was.”

Ahmed felt suddenly conscious of his brown skin and his name — one of the most common in the Muslim religion. But the police kept him busy with questions.

The bell rang at least twice, he said, while the officers searched his belongings and questioned his intentions. The principal threatened to expel him if he didn’t make a written statement, he said.

“They were like, ‘So you tried to make a bomb?’” Ahmed said.

“I told them no, I was trying to make a clock.”

“He said, ‘It looks like a movie bomb to me.’”

More at link

Irving 9th-grader arrested after taking homemade clock to school: 'So you tried to make a bomb?'

What a retarded country.....

They're still trying to charge him with creating a "hoax bomb".

Bone Bender

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukked up man.

Bright young kid trying to show people his knowledge and skills only to be accused of being a bomb maker and terrorist.

Cop with that racist "I figgered it'd be an A-Rab" shyt.

I hope this kid somehow becomes a billionaire and pays some goons to take a shyt in all of those :
a$$holes' yards.

Somewhere For Me

All Star
Daps
Both of those faces could be smiley potential. :ehh:

With that said, this does sound like a case of discrimination to me from the cops. The audacity to say "Yep. That's who I thought it was" and "It looks like a movie bomb to me" when the young man clearly explained it was a clock he created, showed it to the teacher, and made no threats or presented any kind of danger to himself or others.

Nonetheless, little blue eyed Timmy and his obsession with guns, lack of p*ssy, and hatred for anything that takes away his privilege gets woefully ignored is still seen as a good ol' boy that would do no harm.