[12/30/23] AEW Worlds End: Samoa Joe vs. MJF for the AEW World Title; Continental Classic Finals

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos

FPX8a6cXwAItSZL-1024x683.jpeg

The devil is into details :wow:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
:ehh: I see your point Cattle.
That aspect is my one major complaint with this tournament. It’s a new title combining non-titles that on their own were lesser than the International or TNT titles.

Whoever wins it is going to have to do a bang up job elevating it and I’m not sure that will be possible if it’s being defended in ROH and NJPW Strong shows.

It’s like the pride of winning the tournament and beating all these high caliber wrestlers is a bigger deal than winning the championship.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
That aspect is my one major complaint with this tournament. It’s a new title combining non-titles that on their own were lesser than the International or TNT titles.

Whoever wins it is going to have to do a bang up job elevating it and I’m not sure that will be possible if it’s being defended in ROH and NJPW Strong shows.

It’s like the pride of winning the tournament and beating all these high caliber wrestlers is a bigger deal than winning the championship.

they didn't do a good enough job of having Moxley or Swerve or any of the participants make it seem like the triple crown was something they wanted to win badly

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
they didn't do a good enough job of having Moxley or Swerve or any of the participants make it seem like the triple crown was something they wanted to win badly
Those post match promos that were put on twitter did a great job of that. But those are backstage....in a hallway.....shown only to hardcores on twitter.

Had they done a few face to face promos in front of the crowds, then we could have had a little more to chew on. Look at how good the Bryan and Eddie stuff came off. Then the Mox and Eddie follow up. Great tv. But they weren't doing that with Swerve, Jay or Brodie. Just the backstage hallway vids.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
When did Eddie Kingston become an anime crehito? When AEW first started, Eddie's heroes were Big Pun, Fat Joe, Tony Sunshine, Cuban Link, Armageddon, and Prospect.

Mans switch up gimmicks like Coli brehs. How are you going to be purogang, but back slapping cheerleader captains to another time paradox :deadrose:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Those post match promos that were put on twitter did a great job of that. But those are backstage....in a hallway.....shown only to hardcores on twitter.

Had they done a few face to face promos in front of the crowds, then we could have had a little more to chew on. Look at how good the Bryan and Eddie stuff came off. Then the Mox and Eddie follow up. Great tv. But they weren't doing that with Swerve, Jay or Brodie. Just the backstage hallway vids.
They post those promos on TikTok and Instagram too. I don’t know about their other socials because I’m not on those or rarely ever go on them.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
It’s Adam Cole then he’s the one that told max to team with Joe :francis:
It doesn't matter who the devil is now because ultimately, Samoa Joe will end up looking like a chump.

Outcome number 1: Samoa Joe has been protecting MJF for the last few months, only to lose on Saturday instead of taking out MJF when Maxwell was at his weakest. Dummy.

Outcome number 2: Samoa Joe beats a more healthy MJF after an unnecessarily tough match on Saturday. Samoa Joe becomes the new champ, but he sacrificed two months of (kayfabe) championship ppv bonuses just so he could take part in a stupid prank instead of winning the belt when he first had the chance. Idiot.

It doesn't matter which outcome we reach on Saturday. Either way, Samoa Joe ends up looking like a moron.