[12/30/23] AEW Worlds End: Samoa Joe vs. MJF for the AEW World Title; Continental Classic Finals

Trips

Superstar
Daps
Out of all the possibilities for the Continental Classic Finals, Danielson vs Mox is the only one that would be a disappointment
I feel while the perk of being first is a thing. Swerve needs to be the guy that beats MJF. This would definitely stop that from happening.

I think it's really only Danielson or White that make sense here. Eddie would be cool since his belts got tied up in this. And Mox has been given enough. Chill with his shyt.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I feel while the perk of being first is a thing. Swerve needs to be the guy that beats MJF. This would definitely stop that from happening.

I think it's really only Danielson or White that make sense here. Eddie would be cool since his belts got tied up in this. And Mox has been given enough. Chill with his shyt.
Completely agree with Swerve, the only way that winning this tournament works for him is if he doesn't have to defend the Triple Crown. But going by what TK has said, those belts will basically become the new ROH championship with more interpromotional dates, and that's something Swerve shouldn't be involved in right now.

I also agree that, given that scenario regarding those belts, either White or Danielson make the most sense. White being the best fit as Dragon having a hard schedule will probably lead to him getting injured and missing Revolution or even worse.

But taking my preferences aside, I think Tony might book:

1.- Eddie winning. Nothing changes regarding the "main champion for ROH" booking he's been doing (plust Kingston works New Japan Strong dates already) and he gets to tell the story of Eddie putting it all on the line, almost getting eliminated, and coming from behind to win it all. Plus you give the biggest puro stan in the AEW roster the Triple Crown and AEW's version of the G1. At the very least Kingston will get to the Finals, finally beating Danielson would be his consolation price in kayfabe.

2.- Swerve winning. He's got the most momentum and TK is dumb enough to think he can once again stretch out the most over guy on his roster winning the AEW Title for months. Could totally see Khan convincing himself that giving Strickland this "big kayfabe win" is as important as giving him the main belt ASAP.

3.- Danielson winning. This whole tourney was booked because Dragon couldn't get to work a G1 and Tony basically gifted him the opportunity to do it in the U.S. I can also see Tony dying to give Danielson a "title win" in AEW that BD would be ok with. The only thing that makes me think this wont happen is that Kingston beating him in the semis is the right story to tell. If Dragon wins that match they would be telling the Claudio/Kingston story AGAIN, which would be bizarre. I'm more than OK with a 4th match between them were Eddie wins on PPV, but I don't think TK will be THAT repetitive.

4.- White winning. Consolation price for losing the MJF feud and you avoid the risks of the previous 3 scenarios: you don't risk cooling Swerve down, you don't keep statu quo after a 2 month tourney (Eddie keeping the belts) and you don't risk injuring Danielson by giving him too many dates with title matches that require him to go all out in the ring.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Card is weak as hell.

AEW PPVs used to be must buy for me. Can't remember the last one I bought.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Love that Rosa is back to form. You could tell towards the end of her last run she was struggling.

Now we wait for Hayter :wow:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Card is weak as hell.

AEW PPVs used to be must buy for me. Can't remember the last one I bought.
:camby:

All Out 2023 was weak on paper and ended up being one of the best PPVs AEW has ever had. Looks like you’re one of the ones that never learns :stopitslime:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Other matches not officially announced yet but should/will be on the card
  • FTW Championship: HOOK (c) vs. Yuta
  • House of Black vs. FTR
  • Tag Team Championship: Starks and Big Bill vs. Jericho and TBA
  • Gold League vs. Blue League winner

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Worlds End should be the end of the masked devil attacks. Hope they unmask by the end of the year.

I would guess we get Toni vs Rhio and maybe Julia Hart vs Abadon.

Haven't seen Acclaimed since the Devil attack, not sure who they could even face if they were being used.

Maybe FTR vs HoB - Black and Buddy.
That’s wild you called all these matches before they were announced? :dwillhuh: :ehh:

PremeGuru

All Star
Daps
GCZ62_eWYAA2Xmk