[11/8/23] AEW Dynamite: TK snorted some of the good stuff when he made this card

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
To drive another stake in Tony Khan's heart
Now that I think of it, do you know what would really drive a stake in Tony's heart?
The competition passing on MJF.
Think about the message it would send if Cody, Jade, Dragon Lee, and Pillman Jr. all got signed and pushed, but HHH passed on Tony Khan's world champion. If there's no "big bidding war of 2024", then it will really make Tony's best asset look like small potatoes...or a less famous Miz.

Last edited:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Closed mouths don't get fed.

Not like Garcia is expected to win anyway. This will help MJF retain/regain his momentum over a talent whose in-ring ability is very serious despite the gimmick not being serious, and Garcia will get to have a nice showcase against The Guy to establish that he is a truly viable threat in the ring whose ability can push anyone to the limit.

Or MJF could just smash him.

Either way, it could be a lot worse.
I think MJF & Daniel Garcia will have a good match, but the bolded is my issue. Pushing someone "to the limit" doesn't do much for a wrestler if we usually see them lose. Action Andretti & Wheeler Yuta can do that.
Instead of being booked as someone that it takes a full 15 minutes to beat, Daniel Garcia should've been presented as somebody who can actually win tonight's match. A viable threat should be just that; there should be a real threat of DG going home with Jay White's 10 pounds of gold, not just making MJF use his entire moveset to win a match with a foregone conclusion.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Card is ehhh but I just hope they open with something good/original and not just the usual random 15 minute Dynamite opener.

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now that I think of it, do you know what would really drive a stake in Tony's heart?
The competition passing on MJF.
Think about the message it would send if Cody, Jade, Dragon Lee, and Pillman Jr. all got signed and pushed, but HHH passed on Tony Khan's world champion. If there's no "big bidding war of 2024", then it will really make Tony's best asset look like small potatoes...or a less famous Miz.

At that point MJF ego would be so hurt Khan would have another problem to deal with backstage
:mjlol:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
I think MJF & Daniel Garcia will have a good match, but the bolded is my issue. Pushing someone "to the limit" doesn't do much for a wrestler if we usually see them lose. Action Andretti & Wheeler Yuta can do that.
Instead of being booked as someone that it takes a full 15 minutes to beat, Daniel Garcia should've been presented as somebody who can actually win tonight's match. A viable threat should be just that; there should be a real threat of DG going home with Jay White's 10 pounds of gold, not just making MJF use his entire moveset to win a match with a foregone conclusion.

I agree. It would do Garcia a world of good to actually have MJF beat at some point but for Jay White to fukk that up because his match is with MJF and not Garcia.

Garcia is the same cat that literally put :bryan: to sleep in a straight wrestling match. Why not tap into that tonight?

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Also....

in.gif

But I'm jobbing to cook some stuffed shrimp with crab meat

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Triple H would sign all of AEW's young talent just to prove a point
There's a rumor that Brock Anderson might get signed.
If HHH can turn Arn's boring son into a star, then everybody in Tony Khan's locker room might start submitting their resumes.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I agree. It would do Garcia a world of good to actually have MJF beat at some point but for Jay White to fukk that up because his match is with MJF and not Garcia.

Garcia is the same cat that literally put :bryan: to sleep in a straight wrestling match. Why not tap into that tonight?
Exactly, they haven't even mentioned Garcia beating AmDrag in the lead up to tonight's match. That should've been a layup.
I'm pretty sure Excalibur will scream something about the Danielson match during commentary, though.