106 & Park officially cancelled this Friday 12 year run over.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
This show fell off years ago. But it had some dope moments.

Pay your respects :pachaha:

After 12 years on the air, BET's beloved "106 & Park" is coming to an end. An inside source at BET has informed Global Grind that the show will be going off the air after its last show this Friday, September 21.

It does not come as a full surprise as hosts Terrence J and Rocsi Diaz gave an emotional announcement back in May that they were ready to move on.

With Rocsi making plans to pursue her career in entertainment and Terrence already signed on to co-host "E! News" with Giuliana Rancic, the network has no confirmed replacements and has decided to end gracefully.

With too many memories to count, we're sure it will be an emotional ending that we won't want to miss.

Read more: "106 & Park" Is Reportedly Ending After 12 Years (DETAILS) | Global Grind

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Damn, things are in bad shape....where are all the 13-17 year olds? What are they watching?

Hell, we were watching 106 even when I was a freshman/soph in college....but it was good back then. Everybody would come thru there....and of course the music was better at that time.

Oh well, everything has it's run. TRL had to die out, so now I guess it's 106 turn....I just thought that since daily hosted black music countdowns are basically confined to BET that it would always be on. :manny:

mikishere

#byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This shoulda been done about 4 years ago...

but damn growing up watching the old 106 n park :to: >>>>>

pbconnect

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
GTA
wow...guess they couldn't decide on replacements......I wonder what will take its place? I can't front I would tune in at least once a week...like on a Friday.

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps
This show fell off years ago. But it had some dope moments.

Pay your respects :pachaha:
They're ending it? :why: What's going to take it's place?

Can't say I'll miss it though. If you add the letters of the word "destroy" it adds up to 106. Destroying the minds of people all over this country.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
A lot of good shyt happening in hiphop this past 7 days.

If someone just had the capital to start a dope youtube/radio show for hiphop & r&b on a professional level.
We all know Music and TV combined is nearly irrelevant today.