100 pushups in 6 weeks

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Did the first day earlier this evening. Had hit up the gym in the early evening and focused mostly on back, and still had an empty stomach. But all things considered, had no issues. Granted it's only the first day tho. Took a before pic in the morning and I'll take one after the challenge is done for comparison. Still unsure if I'm gonna do it around the same time on the three days of the week like in the morning or at night. Or if I'm just gonna play it based on my schedule or mood. What I do think is i should have some water with me or stay hydrated, especially when I get to the higher numbers. Not looking to just work on my chest, but my overall core with this challenge. Would also help build some stamina. I usually like doing leg up pushups but I'll stick to regular versions for these. Maybe do leg ups on the next challenge.

DSGB

Pro
Daps
I started from pretty far back with ~6 perfect form pushups. I followed the program for a 2+ weeks and stopped. I went to doing 2-3 sets of pushups to failure every morning. I'm about 2.5 weeks into that routine. I am going back to the program today starting with week 3. Since I'm into a daily routine now, I will go to 1 rest day per week and repeat each workout giving 6 days on and 1 off per week.

Hoping to continue the gains combined with my weight workouts.

All said, this is a good workout. I've found that as you progress it becomes more a test of cardio fitness in addition to strength.
I'm now 10 days into the program. I'm doing it slightly differently. Instead of 3 days/week, I'm going daily. I repeat each session for 2 days before moving on. ive gotten much stronger. I have gone from 6 to over 20 thus far. I doubt I hit 100 in 6 weeks but I am definitely moving in the right direction.

50 at my size is a good accomplishment. My goal is 35. I'm at week 4, day 2 now.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm now 10 days into the program. I'm doing it slightly differently. Instead of 3 days/week, I'm going daily. I repeat each session for 2 days before moving on. ive gotten much stronger. I have gone from 6 to over 20 thus far. I doubt I hit 100 in 6 weeks but I am definitely moving in the right direction.

50 at my size is a good accomplishment. My goal is 35. I'm at week 4, day 2 now.

My advice is to stick to the program as its designed. It's the only way to replicate it and get the results.

If it worked any other way then would likely be written as such. Why would they tell you 3 times a weekfor6 weeks if you could do it 5 days a week in 4 weeks?

Dolla$

Minus the bullsh*t...life's great
Daps
I been knew about this program for years but i never managed to finish it. One of my resolutions for the year was to stop bullshytting and complete this program cuz i def saw results when I was consistent with it at one point.

Also ya should look at the 50 pullups program. Get you a pullup bar that you can put in a door way and get it crackin. That program combined with this will have you looking like you be hitting them weights.

DSGB

Pro
Daps
My advice is to stick to the program as its designed. It's the only way to replicate it and get the results.

If it worked any other way then would likely be written as such. Why would they tell you 3 times a weekfor6 weeks if you could do it 5 days a week in 4 weeks?
But I'm getting results I want. I'm using their program for rep breakdowns, but I want a daily program. Now that my body is used to it, I'm getting faster gains. Only took about a week to break through the wall.

I'm on level1, maybe when I get to level 2-3 I may need more rest. I'll decide and adjust later.

For the record, I'm not switching weeks any faster. Just doing each day twice. Day 3, 3 times since it usually has the biggest jump in reps.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
How many seconds of rest are you guys doing between each set?

I was doing sixty but today I did ninety. Helped out more. I just finished week two. Plus I drink some water between sets to stay hydrated. I think the rest and hydration is going to help on the higher weeks. I'm trying to avoid any chest exercises like benching while on this so I won't get any extra soreness or damage my progress.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I was doing sixty but today I did ninety. Helped out more. I just finished week two. Plus I drink some water between sets to stay hydrated. I think the rest and hydration is going to help on the higher weeks. I'm trying to avoid any chest exercises like benching while on this so I won't get any extra soreness or damage my progress.

That seems counter productive. I would adjust adjust reps and weights for bench/chest instead of not doing the lifts at all. It can only really help.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
That seems counter productive. I would adjust adjust reps and weights for bench/chest instead of not doing the lifts at all. It can only really help.
I see what you mean. Maybe go lighter on the lifting so I can keep my gains and work more of my chest. Or do chest on the machines since I go lighter on those.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
I'm doing strictly no weights I'm all calisthenics, I'm trying to lean out. I'm going to try 90 second breaks

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I'm doing strictly no weights I'm all calisthenics, I'm trying to lean out. I'm going to try 90 second breaks
I think weights may help burn more calories but I'm not an expert. I think it depends on diet and calorie intake. Maybe going light on the weights to keep the resistance up. @Originalgangsta317 @GinaThatAintNoDamnPuppy! What are your thoughts? I've heard weights burn calories longer than cardio. Maybe there's a weight limit where you're just burning and not gaining. But I guess it depends on the person.

Long as you getting your protein and keeping your muscles active. Check out the other thread too.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think weights may help burn more calories but I'm not an expert. I think it depends on diet and calorie intake. Maybe going light on the weights to keep the resistance up. @Originalgangsta317 @GinaThatAintNoDamnPuppy! What are your thoughts? I've heard weights burn calories longer than cardio. Maybe there's a weight limit where you're just burning and not gaining. But I guess it depends on the person.

Long as you getting your protein and keeping your muscles active. Check out the other thread too.

nope. cardio burns tons more calories than weight lifting. adding weight just adds resistance. more resistance doesnt mean more calories. if someone one rep maxed 400lbs or someone did 25 reps of 135lbs the person who did more reps would burn more calories vs the person who used more resistance. so people that jog with ankle weights and do dips with weight arent burning more calories but with more resistance they can build more muscle or strength.

Even after your done doing a cardio session your body continues to burn off at a higher rate. Think of turning the oven on to 350 and cooking something then turning it off. it takes longer for it to cool down. same thing happens to your body after cardio thats called excess post oxygen consumption aka the afterburn

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
nope. cardio burns tons more calories than weight lifting. adding weight just adds resistance. more resistance doesnt mean more calories. if someone one rep maxed 400lbs or someone did 25 reps of 135lbs the person who did more reps would burn more calories vs the person who used more resistance. so people that jog with ankle weights and do dips with weight arent burning more calories but with more resistance they can build more muscle or strength.

Even after your done doing a cardio session your body continues to burn off at a higher rate. Think of turning the oven on to 350 and cooking something then turning it off. it takes longer for it to cool down. same thing happens to your body after cardio thats called excess post oxygen consumption aka the afterburn
You are negating the impact of your body having to repair its self after heavy resistance. That can be effective for weight loss as well.

Ultimately it depends on your goal. Leaning out can be done different ways.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You are negating the impact of your body having to repair its self after heavy resistance.

I'm not negating it. Anytime your working out then you stop or finish your body slowly goes back to a normal resting state. Cardio just does it more efficiently and effectively.