100 African Cities Destroyed By Europeans: WHY there are seldom historical buildings and monuments i

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Swagnificent said:
Great post.

Mansa Musa's older brother also discovered America before Columbus.

They Came Before Columbus by Ivan Van Sertima is a great book on that topic.

Ivan Van Sertima's entire theory has been thoroughly refuted.......​

In 1976, Ivan Van Sertima proposed that New World civilizations were strongly influenced by diffusion from Africa. The first and most important contact, he argued, was between Nubians and Olmecs in 700 B.C., and it was followed by other contacts from Mall in A.D. 1300. This theory has spread widely in the African-American community, both lay and scholarly, but it has never been evaluated at length by Mesoamericanists. This article shows the proposal to be devoid of any foundation. First, no genuine African artifact has ever been found in a controlled archaeological excavation in the New World. The presence of African-origin plants such as the bottle gourd (Lagenaria siceraria) or of African genes in New World cotton (Gossypium hirsutum) shows that there was contact between the Old World and the New, but this contact occurred too long ago to have involved any human agency and is irrelevant to Egyptian-Olmec contact. The colossal Olmec heads, which resemble a stereotypical ''Negroid,'' were carved hundreds of years before the arrival of the presumed models. Additionally, Nubians, who come from a desert environment and have long, high noses, do not resemble their supposed ''portraits.'' Claims for the diffusion of pyramid building and mummification are also fallacious

Entire article here with evidence and primary sources:

http://www.unl.edu/rhames/courses/current/vansertima.pdf

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Ivan Van Sertima's entire theory has been thoroughly refuted.......​

Entire article here with evidence and primary sources:

http://www.unl.edu/rhames/courses/current/vansertima.pdf

No, your article is mostly on the Olmecs not being black and I agree. What @Swagnificent is addressing is totally different with Mali Empire which there are recorded sources of them attempting to cross the Atlantic. Whether they reached the Americas or not we need more evidence.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
KidStranglehold said:
No, your article is mostly on the Olmecs not being black and I agree. What @Swagnificent is addressing is totally different with Mali Empire which there are recorded sources of them attempting to cross the Atlantic. Whether they reached the Americas or not we need more evidence.

I was talking about the book by Ivan Van Sertima which he referenced. As far as the Mansa Musa voyage, there is no evidence to substantiate it.........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/1068950.stm

Saying Abubakari II 'discovered' America is a reach. There are reasons this theory is only seriously discussed on 'alternative' media.

Here's one of them, over 100 years BEFORE Abubakari II:

So Muslims beat Columbus to America? They had better get in line

Also, if people think Christopher Columbus' reference to 'Black' people on his third voyage is indicative of anything.....

Did West Africans Discover America in the Late Middle Ages?

Following Up on the Real Source of Columbus's Mysterious Voyage of the "Black People"

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Swagnificent said:
fukk outta here cac.

Dr. Van Sertima is one of the greatest minds in modern history.

LOL. He's a Black version of Alex Jones and I'm no Cac......

http://www.thecoli.com/search/6828585/?q=White+People&t=post&o=relevance&c[user][0]=5267

Swagnificent said:
Nothing he wrote has been disproved.

That article disproved his entire theory, breh.......

Authentic artifacts found in controlled archaeological excavations provide absolute proof of contact; however no such artifact of African origin has ever been found in the New World.

Current Anthropology, Vol. 38, #3, 1997 ~pg. 422

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
There are plenty of ancient and medieval cities in Africa. It's just that people don't typically visit Africa to see those places. More often than not, people visit for humanitarian reasons, or to study wildlife.
I want to visit the 'Great Zimbabwe' one day. Looks really interesting. I love all kinds of history.

Like I watch the History channel and the only time they talk about Africa is during the slave trade or Egypt.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Isiolaikipia said:
African archaeology has so far been under-funded by governments and international archaeological community.

True. Also, the environments of many proposed sites are not conducive to artifact preservation.

The migratory nature of many of the tribes/cultures are also particularly prohibitory to any extended archeaological exploration.

Final nail in the proverbial coffin: the multiplicity of languages prevented any type of writing so there is not much in the way of documentation to be discovered prior to the Islamic invasion.

Then again, Africa is HUGE, breh.......

True-Size-of-Africa-2.png

Only way to get adequate funding for any type of extensive archaeological investigation would be if EVERY nation on the planet put-in.

:mindblown:

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Much of our history is disappearing due to illegal trade in archeological findings. The locals sell what they can find to rich people from all over the world.

Happens a lot in Somalia where I'm from. You have ancient artifacts and coins from our Ancient trade with Greece, China, Rome, Egypt, India etc being owned by private collectors, ruins of ancient cities being pillaged by locals etc..

I imagine it's the same all over Africa. Sadly, most governments do not prioritize preserving our history. :francis:

Imagine how much shyt we simply don't know and might never find out about our past :mjcry: