[10/14] Impact Wrestling: Bound For Glory Thread

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
No they arent. Wwe is the entire industry to most of the world. And they have been since 1998. They are effectively the NFL or NBA or Disney. They opperate at a level that dwarves the rest of the industry combined.

That's because Wwe is operated like an actual business with actual business people who run a public company instead of a series of money marks with no experience.

that helps but its mainly because of childhood brainwashing, conditioning & nostalgia.
the general public who could care less about wrestling will follow suit & just assume that the biggest entity is the entire industry.

and no wrestling company could ever be compared to the NFL or NBA, unless they somehow accumulate all of the top talents. anything else is just hyperbole.
hell, TNA had a stronger roster than the WWE half the time.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
that helps but its mainly because of childhood brainwashing, conditioning & nostalgia.
the general public who could care less about wrestling will follow suit & just assume that the biggest entity is the entire industry.

and no wrestling company could ever be compared to the NFL or NBA, unless they somehow accumulate all of the top talents. anything else is just hyperbole.
hell, TNA had a stronger roster than the WWE half the time.

My point was you can't blame the fans for not wanting to watch something that by default is second rate. If the XFL or USFL have better talent than the NFL, or whatever league gets better talent than the NBA, but fans don't watch, can you really blame them?

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
My point was you can't blame the fans for not wanting to watch something that by default is second rate. If the XFL or USFL have better talent than the NFL, or whatever league gets better talent than the NBA, but fans don't watch, can you really blame them?

HELL YEA
I would blame them for being dikkheads that don't know what theyre doing or watching.

but the league loyalty thing doesn't hold up in sports. if you take 3 of the top players from the NBA and they join some new jack league, people will at least tune in.

meanwhile, make a list of the top 10 hottest wrestlers in the game right now, and I bet the majority of them aren't even in the WWE.

Last edited:

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
On the other hand WWE is by far the easiest shyt to watch: They're on a channel everyone with cable gets (and next year they'll be OTA so everyone can get it anywhere), they have the Network that's cheap and easy to get for free that has an app for every possible product you're using to watch streams on, they have endless content every week so there is always a bunch of shyt to watch. They basically hit you with the Netflix approach of flooding you with so much content there's bound to be something you like and even if you don't you'll watch it because it's convenient.

Meanwhile, Impact changes channel (high cable networks that have terrible penetration at that) or time every 4 months, is constantly having to drop storylines because of talent bailing, and generally until the past 6 months has had nothing going on for years, has a janky streaming service that barely even works on PC let alone your phone or TV and doesn't have a fraction of what WWE offers for their service while charging for actual PPVs still.

If you want to follow indies, be prepared to spend way more and wait way longer. You want ROH? Have fun paying for $30 PPVs like it's 1998 again. Maybe your local Sinclair affiliate carries it at random times, maybe it doesn't. NJPW? You can wait for months long tape delayed shows with dubbed commentary and a live show from time to time on AXS if you get it, or you can sub to a Japanese streaming service that is pretty janky and doesn't work on most things you use to stream video on.

WWE takes the least amount of effort to follow and has the highest production, so people are going to watch it even when it's trash if they like pro wrestling.

Prime example right here of someone getting caught up in a brand

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Prime example right here of someone getting caught up in a brand

Sure...if I watched Raw and Smackdown, which I don't. Or if I didn't follow MLW, which I do. Or NJPW, which I do. Or TNA, which I do for big events.