[10/14] Impact Wrestling: Bound For Glory Thread

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
KK and Moose helping Aries beat the hell out of Johnny for a whole month. Aries saying he doesn't trust Johnny/Taya so he changes his mind and has KK and Moose at ringside.

But they do nothing. You just have them there like stooges...Meanwhile Taya keeps distracting Aries and Johnny gets the upper hand every time she does it. Then the finish is no-sold. What in the fukk??? Made Johnny look weak.

I don't know whether this main event was the worst great match I've ever seem or the greatest bad match but this shyt just irked me.

Really good show, though. Just a notch below Slammiversary, imo. Homecoming should be fire.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You guys got fukkin' worked. The posts in this thread are hilarious.

I see right through all this bullshyt, so the build-up, and the match was cringe af to me.

But no one can say it wasn't a bad idea because it clearly worked on alot of people and got them questioning if they were really going off script.

Russo was right, the idea of pro wrestling becoming "real" is more intriguing than the idea of a good "fake" match.

Think about this:

Instead of focusing on putting on a good fake match, you are focusing on putting fake "real" spots into the match. It irritated me to no end. You could see them sprinkle "real potato" and "real receipt" spots in throughout this match, and the ending where Aries pretends to no-sell and do the "fukk this company" spot.

I am willingly immersing myself into your program, why are you doing everything you can in your fukkin' main event title fight to bring me out of it?

Rest of the show was good, but really disappointed in this "blurred lines" writing direction, and testing it out on what is supposed to be your biggest angle of the year.

Last edited:

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Is Aries vs Johnny Nitro really over Aries being tilted about being called short? Lmao

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Damn. I overslept and missed the fukkery.:snoop: I ordered it on Fite, so I'll catch this later. But how was the event...better than Slammiversary?

Not really, but it was a pretty good show. Good stick to your bones Impact fukkery and fun matches. Yet, the arena really killed the feeling of the show being legit in a BFG sense. It felt like just a extended Impact show and not so much a flagship event, but it's still worth the watch.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Pretty entertaining show overall. I don't at all like this stupid shyt with Aries/Johnny being worked shoot nonsense straight out of Russo's playbook, complete with outside media bullshyt, stiffing the hell out of each other, and Aries no selling and leaving pissed after the match. They really showed a video of TMZ wondering if the match was going to go off script :martin: Then in the match Aries attacks Johnny's husky wife and Johnny doesn't even check on her for the next 5 mins while she lays there dead like she's never been hit with a suicide dive before.

I'm legit shocked no one got seriously injured in LAX match. WTF at the boards not being secured at all.

fukkyalifestyle

Superstar
Daps
This is def a work that turned into a shoot. these guys were legit fukking each other up tho which made it a good match.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
If every match on this card was a disaster I still would have given this PPV a passing grade for that short horror movie where Allie went to hell and started killing bytches with an axe. That is top flight fukkery.
But the matches were all entertaining even though that Lax/OGz match was a mess that shocked me when no one ended up breaking their ankle or something.
Also Moose in that crisp white dashiki and kufi was the blackest thing I have seen in wrestling in a minute.