1 year in, what happened to the PS5 SSD hype?????

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Remember PS5 “super fast SSD” was supposed to “revolutionize” gaming and offer new worlds not possible on any other platform. Better graphics than even the most powerful PCs. :ohhh:

No more elevator rides :mjlol:

Sony stans, what happened??? Surely by now some of the SSD hype should have shown some results??

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I recently put my original Xbox One in the bedroom so I can watch Netflix. I also installed Uno. That shyt was so slow and laggy I was actually insulted :picard:. I tried the same thing with my PS4 Pro and it was worse:picard:. Compare that to the snappiness of the XSX and PS5 and I’ll never doubt the SSDs capability again

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Meach is right on this one.
Sony hyped up the ssd to be alien technology that only they had access to. They did the same thing with the tempest 3D audio.
All of those things are cool, but they aren’t unique to Sony and therefore, based on Sonys marketing, yes, it was grossly overhyped.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sony hyped up the ssd to be alien technology that only they had access to. They did the same thing with the tempest 3D audio.
All of those things are cool, but they aren’t unique to Sony and therefore, based on Sonys marketing, yes, it was grossly overhyped.

When did Sony say only it had access to SSDs??? This forum man. :deadmanny:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures

At the time when it was announced there was no SSD even close to what it laid out

And there still is no system seeing the PlayStations I/O speed

The 3D audio … it works but not a game changer , nothing I haven’t heard before …

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
When did Sony say only it had access to SSDs??? This forum man. :deadmanny:
Sony acted like THEIR SSD was alien technology. Your savior mark cerny was pumping it up as the 2nd coming of the messiah. Same with tempest audio. Smart people knew it was bs from the jump but don’t pretend that Sony marketing wasn’t blowing smoke.
The console and the games are flames. But the lies about the tech are documented and we’re completely unnecessary considered the great results they’ve had so far.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
At the time when it was announced there was no SSD even close to what it laid out

And there still is no system seeing the PlayStations I/O speed

The 3D audio … it works but not a game changer , nothing I haven’t heard before …
I can go grab that ssd (a perfectly suitable one) off a shelf. Sony was the first to brag about an SSD being the end all be all when it comes to graphics.
What graphics is that magic SSD producing that is NOT possible on an Xbox?
The tempest audio is the same simulated 3D audio that has been around forever.
I’m a Sony stan. Meach and his cronies will tell you. But I don’t have to sip every ounce of marketing hype.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
What’s the point here, the shyt is mad fast

Is any other platform doing something like Ratchet and Clank ?

Let’s talk about how all you morons hyped up the Series X power and that shyt looks the exact same (and in some cases worse) then the 5 ….
This right here is exactly my point. How is Xbox even able to match the ps5 without the alien SSD the ps5 has?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It works, the PS5 is super fast, and faster than it's competition. What's your point?
:stopitslime:So the Xbox is “slow” by comparison now?
I have 2 series X’s and a PS5. When it comes to booting up a game the differences are negligible.