$1 million Today or $10 million in 10 Years?

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Take what you can WHEN you can.

Tomorrow is promised to on one
If that is the case why have savings, 401k's, investments, etc.... if you can not guarantee what is going to happen tomorrow? If that is your concern you should eschew any financial discipline and live it up because tomorrow may be your last. Just live in the moment..... which when people actually do that it is not a good thing long term.

Plenty of young adults that had that "who cares" attitude until they hit their 40's and realize they are decades behind and will be working shyt jobs until they drop dead.

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
1 million today. The way people respond to these questions shows the dangers of capitalism which is people willing to put themselves through discomfort to have far more than they need to live a comfortable life.

With 1 million, I'd be able to buy a home and live on an income of 25,000 a year before factoring in work.

Hypocritically, my response would change if we were talking about 50 million.

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
1 million today might be worth 10 million in 10 years so I'ma take today for a million

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
1 million today. The way people respond to these questions shows the dangers of capitalism which is people willing to put themselves through discomfort to have far more than they need to live a comfortable life.

With 1 million, I'd be able to buy a home and live on an income of 25,000 a year before factoring in work.

Hypocritically, my response would change if we were talking about 50 million.
Actually people taking 1 million now over 10 in 10 is an issue. Too many people can not look or plan ahead when it comes to money and finances, to defer an immediate short gain over a later gain. How many people do not invest in stocks, bonds, 401k's, etc... because the gain from them is 10-30 years out and rather spend money now?

Having a only a short term outlook will screw you over later in life.

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
I will take the funds right now and then invest it, set up stocks, business,smart investments, thats a huge headstart to helping one be set up if they are smart

TL15

Veteran
Daps
Relief vs hope

1 million today solves problems immediately
10 million in ten years solves problems indefinitely (but you gotta wait and endure)

It would be difficult to live day to day hoping for 10 million in 3650+ days knowing the fact that I could’ve taken a million and changed so much about my life immediately. I honestly feel like a million immediately and without the pressure of paying a mortgage (the biggest monthly expense) would free me up to make far more than 10 million in 10 years :manny: