$1 million Today or $10 million in 10 Years?

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
The current inflation rate in the United States, as of July 2024, is approximately 2.9% annually. To calculate the present value of $10 million in 10 years, you would discount it by this rate over a decade.

This means that $10 million in 10 years would be worth approximately $7.58 million today, assuming a consistent annual inflation rate of 2.9%.

This approximation depends on the assumption that the inflation rate remains stable at 2.9% over the next decade.

Unless America gets its shyt pushed in in 10 years, I'm staying home, doing the bare minimum, and retiring a multimillionaire with generational wealth.:yeshrug:

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
And for the
The current inflation rate in the United States, as of July 2024, is approximately 2.9% annually. To calculate the present value of $10 million in 10 years, you would discount it by this rate over a decade.

This means that $10 million in 10 years would be worth approximately $7.58 million today, assuming a consistent annual inflation rate of 2.9%.

This approximation depends on the assumption that the inflation rate remains stable at 2.9% over the next decade.

Unless America gets its shyt pushed in in 10 years, I'm staying home, doing the bare minimum, and retiring a multimillionaire with generational wealth.:yeshrug:
People really do not think long term. Even if you were in dire economic straits, 10 million in ten years is way better than 1 now. For anyone saying you could die before you get the ten, well you could die the day after getting the one. Unless you are 60-70 years old or have a terminal illness, just wait.

Sauce Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I think this also largely depends on your age

If you’re in your early 20’s, waiting 10 years for 10mill is the right option. You will be 30 and set for life

But if you’re in your 40-50s or even older, then maybe taking 1 million now is better choice.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
DEPENDS. IS THIS 10MIL TRANSFERABLE ON DEATH? IF SO, I'LL WAIT. VERY RARE TO 10X YOUR MONEY IN TEN YEARS.

10MIL IS A GAME CHANGER FOR NOT JUST MYSELF. THAT'S A GOOD STARTER FOR GENERATIONAL WEALTH. THE YOUNGINS WILL EAT OFF THAT.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
I think this also largely depends on your age

If you’re in your early 20’s, waiting 10 years for 10mill is the right option. You will be 30 and set for life

But if you’re in your 40-50s or even older, then maybe taking 1 million now is better choice.
I am 39 and getting 10 mil at 49 would be way better than getting 1 right now. Being able to retire in comfort and not have to worry about money can only be achieved with the ten, unless you plan on living in a dirt cheap country for the rest of your life.

Sauce Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I am 39 and getting 10 mil at 49 would be way better than getting 1 right now. Being able to retire in comfort and not have to worry about money can only be achieved with the ten, unless you plan on living in a dirt cheap country for the rest of your life.
1 million is not that much really. You would put half into stock market and other half you would better your life by buying property or paying off debt/bills etc…

You would still need to work and live your life as before. But with 10, you’re set for ever. Your kids wouldn’t even have to work.