1 in 10 young gamers in debt due to lootboxes

Solano707

The Coli's dirty Afro-Mexicano
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California (Live in GA)
my gf's friend's kid managed to spend $3000 on Fortnite :damn:

I told my gf "does that little shyt realize all the real cool shyt he could have bought with that money?"

Your gf is a single mom?

Breh, you better fukking run if you want what's best for you.

I'm speaking from experience....

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
figured some of these numbers would be higher

Blizzard tried with a real money auction house in Diablo 3, it was wildly successful, so you know the government wanted in on the money and loot boxes are the result of this since its random they dont get taxed at all or nearly as much when compared to people just buying straight up items with a player created market

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
the hell did this kid get 3k to drop on fortnite from :dwillhuh:
I don't even think I accumulated 3 grand total by the time I was 18
full
. Somebody needs to parent these kids.

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
What’s a loot box?

i had to look it up myself ...

In video games, a loot box (also called a loot/prize crate) is a consumable virtual item which can be redeemed to receive a randomised selection of further virtual items, or loot, ranging from simple customization options for a player's avatar or character, to game-changing equipment such as weapons and armor. A loot box is typically a form of monetisation, with players either buying the boxes directly or receiving the boxes during play and later buying "keys" with which to redeem them. These systems may also be known as gacha (based on gashapon – capsule toys) and integrated into gacha games.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
That's what happens when you abandon your children to these platforms, companies run wild. TV, gaming, smartphones, whatever. :manny:

This is the real problem. How hard is it as a parent to monitor your credit cards and what your kid is doing online? If anything I'd use it as a motivational tool. I just bought my lil nephew some Vbucks for Christmas. He got his grades up to get it.

Gotta redirect that energy to the right place.