1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I’m once again asking someone to explain to me why Bitcoin follows the us stock market

@GoldenGlove this doesn’t align with dreams you sold me about blockchain and web300

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I’m once again asking someone to explain to me why Bitcoin follows the us stock market

@GoldenGlove this doesn’t align with dreams you sold me about blockchain and web300

Not lately and by lately I mean over the last year and a half. btC and whatever else has largely followed the major stop market indexes
The money has to come and go from somewhere. The correlation between stocks and crypto in recent years is because more institutions are investing in the space.

There's also a lot of leverage and borrowing happening for both stocks and crypto... Institutions sell off crypto to cover calls on securities which creates a ripple effect and also shakes out retail investors who panic sell or get margin called themselves.

Last edited:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
The money has to come and go from somewhere. The correlation between stocks and crypto in recent years is because more institutions are investing in the space.

There's also a lot of leverage and borrowing for happening for both stocks and crypto... Institutions sell off crypto to cover calls on securities which creates a ripple effect and also shakes out retail investors who panic sell or get margin called themselves.
It’s not suppose to be like this tho, it was suppose to bad the exact opposite actually

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It’s not suppose to be like this tho, it was suppose to bad the exact opposite actually
I know. However, with how much money that BTC has made people since it's inception, it caught the attention of the institutional investors. Then BTC Futures ETFs were approved within the last year, so it's got exposure in places that it wasn't before that all impact price action.

With no regulation, whales can be with the fukkery in this space right now. We saw that with what Elon has done with DOGE and BTC by himself. I still believe in the tech behind crypto which makes the price less important for me. It's all about identifying the winners before the next bull market comes.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.

There's a few brehs in here who got left holding Kim K & Money May's bag :lolbron: I wonder if they can jump in on this :mjgrin:

Screen-Shot-2022-01-10-at-12.03.40-PM-768x473.png
:mjcry:

Too late on emax?

Nah. Still a bag to be made. It’s going to knock off 2-3 more zeroes. We haven’t seen a coin with this much hype and publicity (outside of the big 2). It’s unprecedented.

Emax has a lot of backing and celebrities promoting them. You have to be a fukking idiot to sell. Over quarter million market cap in 3 weeks. SHIBA didn’t even moon until months later. I dropped EMAX in here 2 days after it was released. Some got on some didn’t. You must got in many days after I dropped the play because if you had bought when I posted it you would still be up. The new “floor” I’m still green on. Not my fault. This shyt is wild Wild West. I still have faith in the coin. You sold at a loss and had paper hands... now you’re mad, the displaced frustration is not a good look. :huhldup:
:jbhmm:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Which is why they have their place in this thread, there's legitimately money to be made. You just can't sell yourself on a dream and ignore reality.

ya I don’t think meme coins should be excluded from this thread…if folks want they can exclude themselves from that particular conversation when it enters this thread