1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
I'm actually not tho. I even posed this a few weeks back...
https://www.thecoli.com/posts/41964599/

I completely understand where things are heading. BTC's volatility is where the challenges lie for it being used for transactions or remittance. That's why it's been billed as being for storing value now due to it's scarcity. If someone believes BTC is going to hit 6 figures or more, why would I use it to pay my phone bill or any other commonly used transaction in 2021? :laugh:

The shyt makes absolutely no sense unless I'm missing something

https://strike.me/

Pacni99a12

All Star
Daps
Why would I send someone Bitcoin if I know the value is only to increase over time?
I get it. But my thinking is say I already have a stack of bitcoin to hold long term. And I'm also getting paid in bitcoin. At the end of the day I still need goods and services to live so I will need to spend some of it. The fact that its value would cause me to not spend it on things I absolutely don't need is a good thing. Now yeah if there is a more worthless money available then people will spend that and hold Bitcoin.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Why would I send someone Bitcoin if I know the value is only to increase over time?

Bitcoin in this scenario is the payment transfer rail.

With the available technology and additional infrastructure we are now able to achieve true frictionless, borderless payment at scale without volatility risks.

Obviously if you also own solely Bitcoin then you have no choice but to pay using the currency. (Or settle whatever payment form you use using the currency)

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Talk to someone whose ever had to live their life dealing with the volatility and hyperinflation of Argentinian pesos or Venezuelan bolivar then you'll start to get it
True, and I'm sure these people would also use a reliable stablecoin hypothetically speaking if they had the choice.

BTC will not be the only option

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
A sovereign nation just announced Bitcoin as legal tender and will hold the asset as reserve.

If Bitcoin is shaky then the rest of the industry is complete vaporware
el salvadorian trump is just doing this shyt for clout