1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
:lupe:
If you put the entire stimmy into btc what return would you be looking at in a few months?

It needs to hit 120k for you to have 2800 dollars. It's practically doubled up in 2021 but has gone down from its high every month. Don't know when it would hit 120k if so but question is out you willing to take that risk if and when the dip hits?

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Brehs what are your thoughts on on staking?

Cake gives you a return of 129% Apr, I'm thinking of going in more and then letting it stake for a year come back and hopefully it pays of big.
There is BNB coin on trust wallet which is giving you a 34% APR.

You can stake NU on coinlist for 32% APY.

Binance is doing Polka for 14%.

Any other calls?

what?! I’m snatching all those up (except Binance, they hatin on me cuz I’m in TX with CA ID)
good looking out breh

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA

Cake gives you a return of 129% Apr, I'm thinking of going in more and then letting it stake for a year come back and hopefully it pays of big.

Any other calls?
Make sure your validators are legit. I see no issue with it. I got about 1250 GRT staked right now thru their website. I'm just leaving it there and forgetting about it. Rather get extra coins and let them compound than worry about constantly trading it. Also got around the same amount of Atom being staked. Have it on ledger. Was messing with castlenode but switched to cosmostation right before the new version came out. They paying better interest than a bank account so might as well hodl. Also got etoro some trx and I believe Ada is the other one that has staking. Not much in there but whatever helps.

ConPHIdential

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Any other calls?

I love it. Almost done with my lockout period on Binance with my DOT stake.

:blessed:

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Make sure your validators are legit. I see no issue with it. I got about 1250 GRT staked right now thru their website. I'm just leaving it there and forgetting about it. Rather get extra coins and let them compound than worry about constantly trading it. Also got around the same amount of Atom being staked. Have it on ledger. Was messing with castlenode but switched to cosmostation right before the new version came out. They paying better interest than a bank account so might as well hodl. Also got etoro some trx and I believe Ada is the other one that has staking. Not much in there but whatever helps.
Where are you staking GRT? I have it sitting in coinbase doing nothing.

I want to ideally get passive income with all my coins.

Atom, I unstaked it from exodus took 21 days I check my portfolio I've got an extra 11 atoms valued then at 200 plus and I check after an hour it's gone, been calling exodus about this but nothing as of yet.
So want to move my shyt from there, please list your sources for Atom and GRT.

I want to find the most secure platform and best.

PS I presume if our coins are on a cold storage, we can't stake?

SoSoSlick

Still gettin it!
Daps
Reppin
PG County
Good short video with some very useful tools for DeFi. Some you're probably already aware like Uniswap but some others you might not. You'll just have to get over Mohinders accent. :mjlol:

If you're even thinking about jumping into defi start with BSC and check out Venus, Pancakewap and Autofarm to start. In BSC you can play with smaller bags, make some mistakes, swap, etc. without paying $50 plus for small transactions.

Any other calls?
If you really wanna let your bread work for you look into yield farming. Basically auto-compounds your gains for higher APYs. Im in one on Autofarm yielding 1.85% per day. Been in it two weeks and stackin. Be warned tho, this shyt will take over your life and have you checkin every 5 minutes lol. There's others like Beefy finance, Pancakebunny, etc. Not financial advice, DYOR, blah, MYOD, etc.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you're even thinking about jumping into defi start with BSC and check out Venus, Pancakewap and Autofarm to start. In BSC you can play with smaller bags, make some mistakes, swap, etc. without paying $50 plus for small transactions.

If you really wanna let your bread work for you look into yield farming. Basically auto-compounds your gains for higher APYs. Im in one on Autofarm yielding 1.85% per day. Been in it two weeks and stackin. Be warned tho, this shyt will take over your life and have you checkin every 5 minutes lol. There's others like Beefy finance, Pancakebunny, etc. Not financial advice, DYOR, blah, MYOD, etc.
Thanks bruh, I'll look into it. When you say it takes over your life - it doesn't require you to do anything?

SoSoSlick

Still gettin it!
Daps
Reppin
PG County
Thanks bruh, I'll look into it. When you say it takes over your life - it doesn't require you to do anything?
No you just fire and forget. Some sites you have to compound your gains yourself so you may wanna go in periodically and do that.
Theres a couple of sites that let you check your gains/losses from yielding. Yieldwatch.net is one I use. Its just kinda crazy to watch your stacks basically grow from day to day so thats where I say it can take over.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Where are you staking GRT? I have it sitting in coinbase doing nothing.

I want to ideally get passive income with all my coins.

Atom, I unstaked it from exodus took 21 days I check my portfolio I've got an extra 11 atoms valued then at 200 plus and I check after an hour it's gone, been calling exodus about this but nothing as of yet.
So want to move my shyt from there, please list your sources for Atom and GRT.

I want to find the most secure platform and best.

PS I presume if our coins are on a cold storage, we can't stake?
Cold storage like Ledger? Some coins are supported.

My GRT is on thegraph.com, thru metamask.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps

Any other calls?

Is CAKE another market trader? like Coinbase?

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is CAKE another market trader? like Coinbase?
That's through the world of defi and that is available through pancakeswap.finance which acts as a brokerage ala coinbase but decentralised.

You need to have BNB smart chain to make exchange to get cake.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
@(ALi) Staking is a no brainer if the coin is solid and the validators are good. Been staking Zil and earning about $200 a month in Zil and that’s not even counting the gZil earned on top of that.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
@(ALi) Staking is a no brainer if the coin is solid and the validators are good. Been staking Zil and earning about $200 a month in Zil and that’s not even counting the gZil earned on top of that.
I stake through brokerages if they offer for certain coins.
I guess I'm missing out, I need to get on this ASAP.
What is a validator and how do I stake coins on there?

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
I stake through brokerages if they offer for certain coins.
I guess I'm missing out, I need to get on this ASAP.
What is a validator and how do I stake coins on there?
Exchanges can also be validators/custodians. Certain wallets can also be a validator/custodian too.

Validators hold your coins on the blockchain and in exchange you earn something in return, usually whatever coin you’re staking. It’s different for every coin and some have commission fees.