damn...keep an eye on KAVA

defi token that already experienced a run up to $4

top 100 but the circulating supply/market cap is still very low

might grow some more

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
2017 was different in the sense that there were ICO's with nothing more than a wallet, churning out 9 digit market caps. There was no gambling necessary, just throw a dart at any project. Alts have to actually show something in 2020 to pump independently.

DeFi is the wave right now. ETH, LINK, ADA, ZIL, ALGO, and OMG are the only one's that caught my eye and I can't pull the trigger on half of them.

ya man...ICOs were godsend :wow:

I ate good off 3...only problem is I held on too long to some of them cuz I expected them to weather the storm...it made me very skeptical about dipping back into alts

sorry for quoting an old post...I was looking to find the earliest mention of defi in this thread

---

Superstar
Daps
how do ctfs work breh

Its a new financial product that we are still working out on, basically like an ETF. We have made two CTF(Crypto Traded Funds) that act as an index say like the S&P 500 which would be an aggregated amount of coins in the index.

But breh it's still new and it isn't available to Americans though.

All Star
Daps
ya man...ICOs were godsend :wow:

I ate good off 3...only problem is I held on too long to some of them cuz I expected them to weather the storm...it made me very skeptical about dipping back into alts

sorry for quoting an old post...I was looking to find the earliest mention of defi in this thread

Facts. You can eat off alts, and this whole defi wave. But do... your... own... research before you put a dollar into any token.

See YAM.

YAM (YAM) price, marketcap, chart, and info | CoinGecko

You literally can't make this shyt up. Two articles posted in the same day.

Surging Interest in ‘Yam’ Yield Farming — But Is It Too risky?

Hours later....

YAM Token Holders ‘Burnt the Hardest’ After Price Plunges to Zero
YAM's Market Cap Falls From $60M to Zero in 35 Minutes - CoinDesk

-99% dip. From yield farming darling to dead. Millions of customer funds tied to smart contracts lost forever because they had a bug basically make their code immutable. If you ever read notices from the founder a few weeks ago, he was always brazen about how reckless they were rolling it out.

Always do your own research and be on alert with these new tokens. You'll miss out on some crazy returns. But you'll sleep better at night investing in foundations and tokens that get audited regularly, run testnets before rolling out a mainnet, etc.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
damn...keep an eye on KAVA

defi token that already experienced a run up to $4

top 100 but the circulating supply/market cap is still very low

might grow some more

Got in at .90 sold at 1.75 :win:

Went up to 1.85 :lupe:

Saw it at 1.64 and said I'll get it when I get home from work:ehh:

Mooned before I boarded the ship :damn:

Same exact thing happened with Band. Those were the two coins I said I'd grab for the long haul when they were .46 and .78 respectively. This was before the Defi and oracle hype so I was early. Stimulus check came a few days late and they pumped. Was going to split it between the two.

Don't cash out before the bull run really starts.

I was speaking from experience.

The trend is your friend. If it's something you don't care to hold sell after a pump and move it to a blue chip. Don't bail on a quality alt unless we enter a bear market.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
A lot of 2017 folks still got real heavy bags of NEO and the like. Having exit strategy for everything (except BTC) from now on is one of my biggest lessons from last bullrun.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A lot of 2017 folks still got real heavy bags of NEO and the like. Having exit strategy for everything (except BTC) from now on is one of my biggest lessons from last bullrun.

I could’ve and should've profited way more than I did but euphoria set in real hard plus I seriously underestimated what the SEC could do to the market