1 BTC = $8.2k, it’s up 735% this yr UPDATE 5/19: BTC @ $42k :damn:

DrHackenbush

Happy wars/sad love songs
Daps
There is nothing innovative about crypto currency. It's valueless. All speculation.

How can bits of data be valuable because they are finite when you have to use real world resources to mine them? Also u can have infinite currency's. It's dumb that's why so many people lost a gang of money. Get out while you can :mjlol:

People lost money because they bought in at peak prices last January and held all the way down. There's still good projects out there going 5/10x in a couple of weeks/months. They're out there but the average person doesnt wanna take the time to do any research and find them, they just buy whatever on Binance and hope it'll go up

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
People lost money because they bought in at peak prices last January and held all the way down. There's still good projects out there going 5/10x in a couple of weeks/months. They're out there but the average person doesnt wanna take the time to do any research and find them, they just buy whatever on Binance and hope it'll go up
same depression folks have now is the same depression they had when bitcoin went from 1100 to 150

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps

oh yea? name 5...tell us why they are good and how they will be used in the real world

DrHackenbush

Happy wars/sad love songs
Daps
oh yea? name 5...tell us why they are good and how they will be used in the real world

Do some research into Quant and Own (CHX), both still lowcap and only on obscure exchanges. I posted about CHX in that other crypto thread when it was a 2 mil marketcap, now its 16 mil. Check this article if you wanna learn more about it - https://www.cryptotapas.com/this-project-is-aiming-to-disrupt-multi-trillion-dollar-industry/
Most of the currency coins are complete shyt and will go to 0 but ones that use the blockchain technology efficiently to save businesses money will thrive in the long term. Might be a few years off yet but it seems like companies are beginning to implement it slowly. There's other good projects that are still cheap like Elastos and Genesis Vision too, they're worth looking into

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the biggest issue in the crypto world is that there is too much :duck: 90% of people have 0 technical knowledge and most of these projects only sounds good on a white paper hence why all most all of them fail straight away not going to lie i feel into the hype for project due to hype but if you actually sit down and think most of them are trash.

The truth is crypto is filled with scammers and hustlers and youtubers who where lucky enough to jump on crypto before the bull market end of 2017 made money and now think the are technical and financial experts lol. I do think blockchain has a purpose but most of these crypto programmers dont have the knowledge/money/infrastructure to take it mainstream which is why i think the reasons blockchain goes mainstream will not be because of some random ico reviewed by some youtuber.

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Legit question, if we need to rely on "authorities" to regulate the crypto market, is it really all that much decentralized?

It's always about balance, you can't have the wild west and expect people to behave.

There's got to be some sense of regulation, but with regulation means some freedom goes out the window.

By rule/definition: regulation and freedom are inverses of each other.

This 100%:
the biggest issue in the crypto world is that there is too much :duck: 90% of people have 0 technical knowledge and most of these projects only sounds good on a white paper hence why all most all of them fail straight away not going to lie i feel into the hype for project due to hype but if you actually sit down and think most of them are trash.

The truth is crypto is filled with scammers and hustlers and youtubers who where lucky enough to jump on crypto before the bull market end of 2017 made money and now think the are technical and financial experts lol. I do think blockchain has a purpose but most of these crypto programmers dont have the knowledge/money/infrastructure to take it mainstream which is why i think the reasons blockchain goes mainstream will not be because of some random ico reviewed by some youtuber.

People got scammed because at the end of the day you need regulation and some enforced standards. It's word of mouth and no matter how legit a project may look, it could still be a major front down the road. Again, I work in software and it's hard to predict if your project will have real ugly bugs or a feature may be a major mountain to climb. Time will always tell who can/will follow through and who won't. What I see right now are a bunch of people spitting out buzzwords about certain projects, but that doesn't mean anything until results are produced.

That's why the rule is a good one: don't bet on what you're not ready to lose.

I remember when crypto was surging, recruiters would be contacting me left and right about crypto opportunities as a programmer, but now that it's cooled down, I've seen maybe one or two companies reaching out to me about a job as an engineer in the last six months.

Software is only as strong as the programmers and if companies aren't really looking to hire, that's a solid indicator of the ecosystem. Now in comparison, I get offers and interest all the time about job opportunities for mobile phone apps, personal web apps, websites, servers, etc. If anybody looks at the market and it's no wonder that those domains are skyrocketing. Usually tracking the supply/demand regarding jobs is a great indicator of what's really being invested into.

I'm guessing the market will drop lower and perhaps that'll be a better time to buy.

Last edited:

dterpsss

SOHH OG Class 2004
Daps
Reppin
Home of the terrapins
Returns last 7 days
zmiiit.jpg

Feeling like 2017 again:takedat:

---

Superstar
Daps
:gucci:

Do you have a hardware wallet? Have you used Etherscan? When you withdraw from an exchange to cold storage you send them to an address. That address can be seen publicly as well as the contents of the wallet. You possess the private key.

Every time there's a hack people post the address the stolen coins were sent to and you can see where they send coins from their wallet. It's there for everyone to see.

Search Etherscan for an erc20 coin and you can see every address that is holding that coin and every transaction. For example Binance's Chainlink address:
ChainLink Token (LINK) Token Tracker

Checked up on this authorities have no clue about either hot or cold addresses for them.