ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Da4jUugUMAAwRNV.jpg

:lupe: I wonder how this could have happened

Because he was a fukking dumbass traveling and had all his access on his cell phone if he cashed out when he had the 4 million and just been humble instead of bragging about it on twitter like a fukking jabroni/ mark ass buster none of this would have happened also a hardware wallet... :mjlol:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He had hardware wallets (cuz I saw him posting about them) but that don't mean shyt when you got your keys online still

That suxx bro. I'm kinda low on sympathy for him anyway but damn. Crypto twitter seems to be having a blast with it.

So whats next for dude...is this game over I wonder...

"someone on his telegram posted this: "Probably stored his passwords on evernote, hacker asked for password reset during his livestream, it popped up on screeen as an email notification, hacker got into his email and reset evernote password, then got into evernote then took funds from his wallet"

Because he was a fukking dumbass traveling and had all his access on his cell phone if he cashed out when he had the 4 million and just been humble instead of bragging about it on twitter like a fukking jabroni/ mark ass buster none of this would have happened also a hardware wallet... :mjlol:

Why cash out at 4 when you are likely to see 8-12?

His portfolio made him a target but it's also what got him his followers. Maybe he should have shown half of his portfolio and kept the other half in another wallet.

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

His portfolio made him a target but it's also what got him his followers. Maybe he should have shown half of his portfolio and kept the other half in another wallet.

:ld: I don't know all I know is that he's an idiot... :mjlol: I mean don't get me wrong he got on the wave first and made it big but he should have known constantly bragging about how much he made would make him a target...:francis:

FSP

Banned
Daps
:ld: I don't know all I know is that he's an idiot... :mjlol: I mean don't get me wrong he got on the wave first and made it big but he should have known constantly bragging about how much he made would make him a target...:francis:
Naw Ian wasn't very smart...i think I mentioned it here before..he moved like a two bit scammer who happened to buy the lucky lotto ticket..

Which is weird cuz I thought I saw he worked for IBM somewhere...anyway even as a millionaire it didn't take long to see through his shtick. Probably was one of those Nigerian Prince scammers back in the day

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Naw Ian wasn't very smart...i think I mentioned it here before..he moved like a two bit scammer who happened to buy the lucky lotto ticket..

Which is weird cuz I thought I saw he worked for IBM somewhere...anyway even as a millionaire it didn't take long to see through his shtick. Probably was one of those Nigerian Prince scammers back in the day

The thing that massively irked me about him was that he claimed he was a 6 figure slave?!!? :comeon: like what you saying??? negro people hustle all their lives wanting to reach 6 figures and you calling yourself a slave... You could have kept the job AND did cryptos too, no one forced you into your profession...

• Dap
Reactions: FSP

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Balina’s tweet indicates he acknowledges he failed to set up robust security measures to prevent the incident. “I’m not worried about the money. I learned my lesson”, he wrote. The millionaire investor explained how he thinks he got hacked: “My college email was listed as a recovery email to my Gmail. I remember getting an email about it being compromised and tried to follow up with my college security to get it resolved, but wasn’t able to get it handled in a fast manner and gave up on it thinking it was just an old email.”

“I kept text versions of my private keys stored in my Evernote as encrypted text files with passwords. I think they hacked my email using my college email, and then hacked my Evernote”, Balina said, according to @WhalePanda.

Four days ago, Balina shared his portfolio on Twitter, which included DRGN, WABI, OST, ICX, NAS, RHOC, ABT, POWR, QSP, ZRX, BRD, EOS, NEO/BTC, FLIXX, HST, KNC, NCASH, WAN, LOOM, ETH, PARETO, POA, NPXS, and AION, worth a total of $2.91 million.

Well Known ICO Investor Ian Ballina Hacked, Millions Worth of Cryptocurrency Lost | NewsBTC

:picard:

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nothing is guaranteed. He should have cashed out at least 2 million by now. He will be ok since he still makes plenty of money from consulting ICO's and his youtube following but this will be a major set back for him and his brand.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It was bound to happen cause the way he moved was too sloppy. It's better it happened this way than how I thought it was gonna happen with some goons tracking him down at gunpoint.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't cash out $2 million brehs

He at least should've had a $1 million in the bank, cmon son

Again why cash out? That wasn't his mistake. He messed up using Evernote.

How do you know he doesn't have a million already? He was rumored to have gotten 600k from NCASH. .

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Again why cash out? That wasn't his mistake. He messed up using Evernote.

How do you know he doesn't have a million already? He was rumored to have gotten 600k from NCASH. .

You on some contrarian stuff right now and I don't have it in me right now to argue

If I made a couple million off crypto, I'm pulling a few million out

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You on some contrarian stuff right now and I don't have it in me right now to argue

If I made a couple million off crypto, I'm pulling a few million out

I'm not being contrarian :what:

Everyone here would cash out 2 mil or well before that because it's way more money than we'd ever see but he was making 500k at his job. 2 million was attainable for him so he's not looking at it the same as the average person. He's looking past 2 and trying to get to 8 or 10.

This is like saying someone should have cashed out on BTC when it was 8k when they could have waited and sold at 20k.
There's people with way more than Ian who aren't cashing out because they want to maximize their returns. His portfolio over 3 million so obviously not cashing out was the right move. The mistake was being lazy with security.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm not being contrarian :what:

Everyone here would cash out 2 mil or well before that because it's way more money than we'd ever see but he was making 500k at his job. 2 million was attainable for him so he's not looking at it the same as the average person. He's looking past 2 and trying to get to 8 or 10.

This is like saying someone should have cashed out on BTC when it was 8k when they could have waited and sold at 20k.
There's people with way more than Ian who aren't cashing out because they want to maximize their returns. His portfolio over 3 million so obviously not cashing out was the right move. The mistake was being lazy with security.

My risk tolerance would have had me cash out once I was sitting on $4 million which is what Ian had IIRC

Put most of that into safer non-crypto investments

Then I would've parked $100,000 to $150,000 into 2-3 cryptos I believed in long term.

Mike Novogratz is playing with 1000x more than Ian. He took his mega profits. He doesn't keep 95% of his net worth tied up into highly volatile assets. It's stupid.

Him and other guys on his level also aren't showing the entire internet what they bought, how much they bought and their address information like Ian either.