[1/3/24] AEW Dynamite + Rampage: Welcome to the Samoa Joe Era! Will the Devil explain himself? Is Mercedes Mone debuting? OC vs. Dante Martin

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Maybe they saving Mercedes for Daily’s Place next week? Feel like they should do something big for that one.

• Dap
Reactions: 907

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
So Samoa Joe made a deal with the Devil to setup MJF and win the title. What did Adam Cole get out of it? :jbhmm:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
If Mercedes did sign, then her debut should not be kept secret. There should be tv spots, radio commercials, website ads, social media announcements, and the whole nine. Mercedes should at least get the hype that Trinity got before she made her Impact debut, and the fanfare that Jade Cargill got when she signed with WWE. Mercedes has a pretty big fanbase that would tune in to see her, but many of her fans might not watch AEW regularly and might miss the surprise. Keeping her debut a surprise guarantees that only the usual 800K tune in to see Dymamite.
With a few announcements, Dynamite could probably get over 1M fans tuning in to see the Artist Formerly Known As Sasha Banks.
Somebody tell Bully Ray to stop stealing my ideas:

Mercedes Mone’s wrestling future is a topic of debate right now, and Bully Ray weighed in on how AEW should handle her debut if she signs there. The wrestling legend discussed the topic on Busted Open Radio. You can see some highlights below, per Wrestling Inc:

On how AEW should debut Mone if she signs: “I don’t think AEW’s in a position to do surprises anymore. I think they jumped the shark a long time ago with any kind of surprise, especially when it comes to former WWE talent. Whether it’s the actual surprise, whether it’s what they do to surprise…if I have a name like Mercedes Mone coming to AEW, I want to take full advantage of her from the very first second she steps through a curtain.”

On the value in announcing Mone beforehand: “To me, she’s a big star in the world of wrestling. Everyone wants to know where she’s going to land. If you have her in your back pocket, I would announce her. That’s just my opinion.”

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Leaked footage of Adam Cole preparing for his big segment tonight:
Hi Im Playing Xbox Ricky Berwick GIF - Hi Im Playing Xbox Ricky Berwick Im Playing Video Games GIFs