[1/24/24] AEW Dynamite+Rampage: Hangman vs. Penta; Trios title match

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Guess this is the main event since it’s commercial free now

Suzuki bout to be 0-7 in AEW singles matches :snoop:

And im not mad at the matchup. Its fresh and actually comes off big but man you can’t keep beating Suzuki every time he comes in smh

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
It’s no wonder their ticket sales are so bad.

Literally have no idea if the World Champion Samoa Joe, Bryan Danielson, Moxley, TNT Champ Christian Cage, or the Tag Champs will even be on the show tonight. :dwillhuh:
They've devalued their own ticket with their pricing strategy for all of 2023.

Combine that with mostly not great booking and it's a double whammy.

Devalue your own product and the customers will devalue it as well. That's why many brands would rather burn their products instead of selling it at a discount.

Even if the booking was great now, the pricing strategy they utilized for all or nearly all of 2023 would be fukking them right now. Not as much of course, but still would be fukking them.

They need to 100% commit to making everyone pay full price even if it means numerous shytty attendance numbers, market their asses off which they almost never do, and then hope the product gets hot by booking better, including having cards out more than a day or two in advance. Only way they are going to train people to not look at AEW as a discount product is to not treat it like a discount product.

Last edited:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I don’t know who they have leading post production after they fired that one guy but I’m really liking some of the video work they have been doing since the firing. Definitely doing some new and different (for AEW at least) stuff.

More edgy (pun intended) and gritty than what they had been doing. Exactly the direction I’ve been wanting them to go.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
They've devalued their own ticket with their pricing strategy for all of 2023.

Combine that with mostly not great booking and it's a double whammy.

Devalue your own product and the customers will devalue it as well. That's why many brands would rather burn their products instead of selling it at a discount.

Even if the booking was great now, the pricing strategy they utilized for all or nearly all of 2023 would be fukking them right now. Not as much of course, but still would be fukking them.

They need to 100% commit to making everyone pay full price even if it means numerous shytty attendance numbers, market their asses off which they almost never do, and then hope the product gets hot by booking better, including having cards out more than a day or two in advance. Only way they are going to train people to not look at AEW as a discount product is to not treat it like a discount product.
And full price doesn’t even have to mean what they are charging now. If the cheapest ticket for an event on average is $40 now when the presale starts, they can make it $30 going forward and establish that as their bottom of the barrel low point.

If they start regularly selling out their smaller venues then they can start slowly inching prices back up.

But you can’t keep continuing to charge $40 in the presale then week of the show drop the same ticket to $20. It undermines the entire operation doing that routinely.

WhatsGoodTy

Ya feel me
Daps
It’s no wonder their ticket sales are so bad.

Literally have no idea if the World Champion Samoa Joe, Bryan Danielson, Moxley, TNT Champ Christian Cage, or the Tag Champs will even be on the show tonight. :dwillhuh:
TNA got the better card :whew:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Another one of these videos. Starting to become clear that the previous post production guy wasn’t getting the job done anymore based on the output since he got fired.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Crazy that it took this long to announce it but better late than never i suppose

they need to do a better job clarifying when these mean in ring promos or pre tapes. Someone is probably not gonna buy a ticket based on a promo, but it's nice to know whether or not you're gonna get to see the World Champ in person or not.

last week I posted that was i was hoping it meant the Bucks/Hangman/Swerve were all gonna be out in front of the crowd and instead all 3 were backstage :beli:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
they need to do a better job clarifying when these mean in ring promos or pre tapes. Someone is probably not gonna buy a ticket based on a promo, but it's nice to know whether or not you're gonna get to see the World Champ in person or not.

last week I posted that was i was hoping it meant the Bucks/Hangman/Swerve were all gonna be out in front of the crowd and instead all 3 were backstage :beli:
Agreed, and someone like Joe, Hangman, and Swerve (or anyone else that can cut a decent live promo) should always be in person unless it's an availability thing.