09/14/2024 Prime Video Presents CanElo vs Edgar Bagel

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
I'm a Philly guy & try to rep for the city but Danny Garcia has seriously disappointed me in every single major fight since beating Lucas Matthysse in October of 2012. It's 2024 now! He was a gatekeeper at 147 so what's he gonna do at 160???

I have no desire to see Danny fight again but it feels like there's money to be made on Erislandy Lara +130 by decision & the over 10.5 rounds. If there's one thing Danny has, it's a chin. Hopefully it carries up with the move up in weight.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I'm a Philly guy & try to rep for the city but Danny Garcia has seriously disappointed me in every single major fight since beating Lucas Matthysse in October of 2012. It's 2024 now! He was a gatekeeper at 147 so what's he gonna do at 160???

I have no desire to see Danny fight again but it feels like there's money to be made on Erislandy Lara +130 by decision & the over 10.5 rounds. If there's one thing Danny has, it's a chin. Hopefully it carries up with the move up in weight.
Lara probably has more power than anybody Danny has faced. And I expect Danny's cement feet to be even worse tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him get hurt at some point. +210 by KO means a lot of people feel the same. I was expecting way better odds on a Lara KO.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Went to the arena website scanning the sections and it's still hundreds of tix available. Is this normal for a Canelo fight, how common is it for people to buy tix the day of for an event like this

I wanted to go to this live, but the nosebleed cheap tickets are $450

fukk that lol. I can see why it may not be selling

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Just don't need canelo taking shots like this. Berlanga is a bigger guy with heavier hands. Nelo been getting a little lazy with the defense. He was still on point for 90% of the fight, but all it takes is one vs a natural 168 pounder. As long as he stays patient I think he folds berlanga before 9.

IMG-9341.gif

Berlanga is the first natural 168 pounder Canelo has faced since Caleb Plant, so this fight could be interesting

I was watching this recent Edgar Berlanga interview with Andre Ward. He said how he was more of a boxer when he was younger, then changed his style to a KO puncher right before he turned pro. It makes alot of sense because Berlanga fights alot like he doesn't know if he wants to be a Boxer or KO artist. Canelo may have leaky defense sometimes, but Berlanga's lack of defensive discipline is more glaring. Canelo should be able to take advantage easily

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

Believe in fighters with the last name Garcia brehs. :mjlol:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Berlanga is the first natural 168 pounder Canelo has faced since Caleb Plant, so this fight could be interesting

I was watching this recent Edgar Berlanga interview with Andre Ward. He said how he was more of a boxer when he was younger, then changed his style to a KO puncher right before he turned pro. It makes alot of sense because Berlanga fights alot like he doesn't know if he wants to be a Boxer or KO artist. Canelo may have leaky defense sometimes, but Berlanga's lack of defensive discipline is more glaring. Canelo should be able to take advantage easily

Yeah i seen a few people say Berlanga in the amateurs was different and could box.