EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
c54193584c320f96fb1ac06a54a4cf4d.png

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
still can't believe Tony chose the Young Bucks over CM Punk
Why wouldnt he choose the ppl who helped build the company over someone who is old and cant stay healthy to even be utilized? Stripping away your allegiance to WWE, it makes no sense to bank the future of your company on someone like Punk over YB/Elite. He's won the belt twice and has never defended it because he is injury prone. Even if the backstage stuff didnt happen, he would still not being wrestling for months........because he is injured.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Why wouldnt he choose the ppl who helped build the company over someone who is old and cant stay healthy to even be utilized? Stripping away your allegiance to WWE, it makes no sense to bank the future of your company on someone like Punk over YB/Elite. He's won the belt twice and has never defended it because he is injury prone. Even if the backstage stuff didnt happen, he would still not being wrestling for months........because he is injured.

what allegiance to WWE?

CM Punk makes more money for AEW than the Young Bucks by pretty much every metric you wanna use. Just because the Bucks were around first doesn't mean anything. Jared Goff was the QB of the Rams resurgence under McVay and went to a Super Bowl but it took them trading for Stafford and upgrading to take them to the next level. I don't care if a player helped start a rebuild if I could upgrade that spot to someone better.

Even if CM Punk is injury prone you can still use his mind for the business to help with booking, you can use him as an on-air manager and mouthpiece to get people over, or you could use him as a commentator. He'd have value beyond just his wrestling

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
what allegiance to WWE?
:mjgrin:

CM Punk makes more money for AEW than the Young Bucks by pretty much every metric you wanna use. Just because the Bucks were around first doesn't mean anything. Jared Goff was the QB of the Rams resurgence under McVay and went to a Super Bowl but it took them trading for Stafford and upgrading to take them to the next level. I don't care if a player helped start a rebuild if I could upgrade that spot to someone better.
There's stuff to consider other than money in the situation, for example the lockeroom if you got rid of The Elite for Punk. Cool, Punk sold merch and stuff. A lot of that had to do with his return, shyt wouldve leveled off eventually. AEW was fine before Punk and will be fine after him. They did a $1M gate for Full Gear without Punk.

Quarterback analogy doesnt work because YB/Elite have delivered money wise. What would be the "Superbowl" that Punk gave AEW that they couldnt do on their own?

Even if CM Punk is injury prone you can still use his mind for the business to help with booking, you can use him as an on-air manager and mouthpiece to get people over, or you could use him as a commentator. He'd have value beyond just his wrestling
1. He's getting paid too much to be a mouthpiece
2. You have nothing to back up that Punk has a mind for the business or booking
3. If he is as important for AEW as you think. Managing wont do anything for PPV gates or TV ratings.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
Man I hope Jarrett never appears on tv again after this :unimpressed:

Darby needs his belt back

Jericho gotta job to starks in 5 minutes