Kings County
giphy.gif

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
He's iconic, but no not the most iconic. Batman and Spiderman themselves not other versions are selling more merchandise, cartoons, video games, TV shows and movies. Supes is way past his prime.

:heh: I'm talking "Iconic".

You're talking "currently more popular".

It's like I was saying with the Pokemon shyt.

Is pokemon as a franchise more iconic than Batman? Going by your argument, yeah. It has to be for Pokemon to move 60 billion dollars in sales since 96 and Batman has only done 25 billion since the the 40s

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:heh: I'm talking "Iconic".

You're talking "currently more popular".

It's like I was saying with the Pokemon shyt.

Is pokemon as a franchise more iconic than Batman? Going by your argument, yeah. It has to be for Pokemon to move 60 billion dollars in sales since 96 and Batman has only done 25 billion since the the 40s
And Iconic is just a way to get away from pointing to actual results. I mean if all these people revere Superman where are the results of his status? Just people using his persona in a negative way? That's like saying Benedict Arnold is iconic. lol no one wants to be considered that same as no one wants to be Captain Save a hoe.

Pokemon is a different category he's not a superhero but based on the results you posted it sounds like it. :manny:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
And Iconic is just a way to get away from pointing to actual results. I mean if all these people revere Superman where are the results of his status? Just people using his persona in a negative way? That's like saying Benedict Arnold is iconic. lol no one wants to be considered that same as no one wants to be Captain Save a hoe.

Pokemon is a different category he's not a superhero but based on the results you posted it sounds like it. :manny:

:heh: get away from pointing to results? I'm not talking who's more popular. I'm not saying who sold the most in recent years. I'm talking most iconic of all time.

Those are YOUR arguments as to how it's NOT possible that Superman is the most Iconic superhero of. all. time.

Not last year.

Not the last 10 years.

Of. All.Time.

Your reasoning is nah that can't be possible, because he's not as popular as he used to be?

Whoever the most popular and selling the most NOW is how you measure who's the most iconic anything of all time?

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:heh: get away from pointing to results? I'm not talking who's more popular. I'm not saying who sold the most in recent years. I'm talking most iconic of all time.

Those are YOUR arguments as to how it's NOT possible that Superman is the most Iconic superhero of. all. time.

Not last year.

Not the last 10 years.

Of. All.Time.

Your reasoning is nah that can't be possible, because he's not as popular as he used to be?

Whoever the most popular and selling the most NOW is how you measure who's the most iconic anything of all time?
How do you measure iconic? Smiley's on this website, :mjlol:a derogatory phrase used by a segment of the population? :comeon:That's not anything better than what I mentioned. :hhh:
Supes created in the 1930s but hasn't been popping since the 80s. That's 50 years of popularity versus 30 years of not. If he doesn't get something going on pop culture front soon his years of popularity will be equal to the years he wasn't. You have this idea it lasts forever. I think it doesn't. No one reveres him but older people and they can't seem to be bothered buying any of his merchandise or supporting his movies, cartoons or TV shows. Things done changed man.

MrFirst2doit

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sorry Superman fans, part of being "Iconic" is staying power and longevity and sometimes that happens through "reinvention" like how musicians do,

when a new star wars drops, it's an event no matter what.... the star wars nerds come out in droves, that's a true sign of "Iconic".... there are no superman nerds like that...batman has a bigger following

yeah he was popping from 1938 to the 80s that's 50 years right?..well Batman only originated one year later in 1939 and he still popping.... he does not have longevity over Batman....a new superman movie draws crickets, kids aint checking for superman, superman comic book, merch, toys all in decline.... Batman easily #1, been around JUST as long, Batman got a way more iconic universe and surrounding cast....every single person in the world probably can name 5 batman villians EASY, nobody knows a superman villian beside lex luthor

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
How do you measure iconic? Smiley's on this website, :mjlol:a derogatory phrase used by a segment of the population? :comeon:That's not anything better than what I mentioned. :hhh:

Still the most influential comic character of all time, and was the most well known for a good 50+ years. Doesn't get much more iconic than that.

Sorry Superman fans, part of being "Iconic" is staying power and longevity and sometimes that happens through "reinvention" like how musicians do,

when a new star wars drops, it's an event no matter what.... the star wars nerds come out in droves, that's a true sign of "Iconic".... there are no superman nerds like that...batman has a bigger following

yeah he was popping from 1938 to the 80s that's 50 years right?..well Batman only originated one year later in 1939 and he still popping.... he does not have longevity over Batman....a new superman movie draws crickets, kids aint checking for superman, superman comic book, merch, toys all in decline.... Batman easily #1, been around JUST as long, Batman got a way more iconic universe and surrounding cast....every single person in the world probably can name 5 batman villians EASY, nobody knows a superman villian beside lex luthor

:russ: Batman only got ANYWHERE NEAR as popular as Superman comic wise in 1985 and everything else in 89!

:hubie: you know what, nevermind.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Do any of y’all actually be around kids? I’m a DC and Superman fan but Ironman and Goku got the juice now with the little ones

Having worked with kids 6 to 16 on and off for the past decade I've literally never heard a kid talk about Goku or Dragonball. People start watching anime a little later, like 18 or 19.