The Official "Mr. Robot" Season 3 Thread

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I'll say more tomorrow but I just wanted to warn people....Sam Esmail did an interview today where he definitively commented on some of the theories people have....I won't say which theories but avoid the interview if you want to stay in the dark about where the show is headed.

Fred.

The Watch?

If so, I'm 3 eps behind so I'll probably be hearing it around Ep2 of Mr Robot or after.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Honestly I don't want no time travel shyt.

I think her reference to "taking it all back" was meant to be a metaphor for the Dark Army's "new world". Similar to the idea of "Make America Great Again" by going back to a mythical time when things were better.

But the shots of the particle accelerator at the beginning were meant to throw us off a little. Whenever you see a particle accelerator on TV it's usually a machine that creates wormholes. But I can't believe they'll turn this into that type of show.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The Watch?

If so, I'm 3 eps behind so I'll probably be hearing it around Ep2 of Mr Robot or after.

Nah, the New York Times.

Why did you tempt me with this :damn:

:whoa:

Nah, that wasn't my intention breh....hell, I didn't even want to know. I like reading interviews with actors, writers, etc. for shows I like....but usually if a fan theory is mentioned they go the :youngsabo: "you gotta wait and see" route....Sam Esmail point blank said "yeah, that's right".

I sat there like :francis:

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Nah, the New York Times.

Nah, that wasn't my intention breh....hell, I didn't even want to know. I like reading interviews with actors, writers, etc. for shows I like....but usually if a fan theory is mentioned they go the :youngsabo: "you gotta wait and see" route....Sam Esmail point blank said "yeah, that's right".

Fred.
I seriously want to go into this season completely blind and let Esmail tell his story. But I love the viral marketing and interviews with everyone involved. I really want to hear what he says but I don't get spoiled

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It's happening again.... :damn::mindblown:

I was just reading the Mr. Robot reddit - there was a QR code on the memorial wall. If you follow it, it leads to a dedicated reddit site that was set up two years ago (or at least they had Reddit make it look like it's two years old)

Inside E Corp • r/inside_e_corp

That means it's present day on the show....it's still 2015 there.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They had footage of Trump though.

That was meant to show the path society would eventually take if Elliot didn't fix things....and technically it wasn't footage in the context of the show, the entire scene unfolded in Elliot's mind as he sat there in the restaurant, remember?

Fred.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
When did Angela learn that Eliot and Mr Robot were the same dude?

She first found out Elliot was seeing his dead father before the show started. As for finding out about the E-Corp plan itself, she noted the use of the masks in their f society videos and put 2 and 2 together.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She first found out Elliot was seeing his dead father before the show started. As for finding out about the E-Corp plan itself, she noted the use of the masks in their f society videos and put 2 and 2 together.
She said Elliot and Darlene were the only two people she knew that watched that movie:russ:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Nah, the New York Times.

Fred.
Link

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
New season, new character, and off course Esmail makes him as quirky as possible. The commitment from dude to not give us a normal human being in his show is :wow: Gideon was pretty much the only one and dude had incredible bad luck and got murdered :dead:

Seems Beta will finally stay on one side this season, she got a definitive brain wash this time :pachaha:

Kinda weird that Elliot had his cellphone plugged in charging when Angela told him right away that there was no power and it's been almost a week of blackout.

What's Tyrell's role at this point of the game brehs? He just seems to be Mr. Robot's cheerleader and not much else :patrice:

It's White Rose brehs, it's always White Rose. I've said it since season 1 :banderas:

I think the Washington Township is secretly some kind of particle accelerator or fusion reactor plant. Perhaps it allows one to travel between parallel universes? Maybe that's what Whiterose showed Angela?

And the tour guide/scientist says:

"I love a great mystery.

And I'm fascinated by the greatest unsolved mystery. Do we see reality as it is? Do I close my eyes and imagine that everything we experience, think, see, and do unfolding simultaneously in a parallel universe? So, how many copies of ourselves exist? And might our mental states be conjoined for better or worse?"

Seems relevant to Elliot.

That's exactly what I thought after that tour guide scene and Beta's combo with Elliot :obama:

Seems Whiterose convinced Beta that it's possible to access or "live" in a parallel universe - one where her mom didn't die - if WR is able to work on the Washington Township plant.

Maybe the little girl that made Angle play that game last season WAS a parallel version of Beta and was used as proof or something :mindblown: :wtf: that makes no sense really but I'm just throwing shyt at the wall.

Another theory is that there is no actual sci fi elements and that it's all a red herring. Angela believes time travel but she was really just brainwashed by white rose. I see them leaning towards either time travel or it all being a red herring and it's just a conquer the world tale.

And White Rose did say Elliot can die after he completes the plan/mission. I hope it's not as simple as a WR lying to Beta though, after changing her mind so many times during the first two season we need a better reason for her to finally commit to a cause than just "yeah, WR tricked her :manny:" imo.