Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
Travelzoo said:
From the Travelzoo Newsdesk
$455 -- Brazil from Orlando (Roundtrip, incl. Tax)
By Matt Ring
ORLANDO--FEBRUARY 15, 2013-- Travelzoo airfare experts found that flights to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from Orlando just dropped to $455 roundtrip, including taxes, the lowest fare we've ever seen on this route.

The fare is widely available for travel March 3 - June 25, when Brazil's tropical climate is at its mildest, and midday temperatures top off in the high 70s.

:eat:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
@Soundwave, tell us about your foray into Iceland :nah:

I was listening to a podcast and they made it sound like such an odd place, but in a good way. Restaurants work on the honor system, the Pirate Bay actually has it's own political party there and the Mayor of the largest city -

Upon being elected, Jón announced that he would not enter a coalition government with anyone that had not watched the HBO series The Wire.[10] He is an avid watcher of the series, and stated his favorite character is Omar.

:russ: sounds like a completely different world.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps

I was listening to a podcast and they made it sound like such an odd place, but in a good way. Restaurants work on the honor system, the Pirate Bay actually has it's own political party there and the Mayor of the largest city -

Remind me again on Sunday, I'll go into detail :whoo:

SYDNEY AMBROSE

In Gotham Stalking Bruce Wayne
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
I Feel Weird :snoop:

But What Is There To Do In Houston,Texas?I Have To Go Out There For Work And I Wanna Do Something Fun While I'm Out There.

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps

Culture
The nightlife in Reykjavik was decent. There were lots of little bars that weren't too packed even on a Saturday. The club scene was different though. We went to this one tiny club in the middle of the main street downtown. I don't know if it was the size of the club or just general Icelandic (lack of) etiquette, but they just don't care about anyone in their vicinity. I went to the bar to get some drinks and lost about half of it trying to get back to my spot. People just kept dancing and not even attempting to get out of the way.

In Scotland, the people are genuinely nice - the locals, the service people, everyone was friendly, and it seemed genuine. Case in point: we were talking to two of the locals at a bar. They were from England, but were in Scotland for business. So one of them goes to the bathroom, and the other guy was trying to guess our ages and telling about how our group looks so young, and I said "Black don't crack." So his friend comes back and we put him on the spot to guess our ages, and he also said "Black don't crack" :lolhov:

Activities
If you would have told me that I would be exploring caves in Iceland at any part of my life, I would called you a damn liar, but that's exactly what we did. We did tons of outdoor stuff - cave exploring (Buri in Leitahraun, Icelandic Lava Tube Caves, Buri Cave, Buri Lava Tube, Caving Iceland), hiking on glaciers (Jokulsarlon | Glacier Lagoon Iceland | Vatnajokull Glacier Iceland | Gesthouse Farm Hali Sudursveit), going to waterfalls. It was a great experience, not gonna lie. After the cave exploring, we went to the Blue Lagoon (Blue Lagoon Geothermal Spa in Iceland), which was somewhat disappointing. The water was warm, not exactly hot; you had to stay near the edges to get any kind of really hot water. The hot springs I went to in Japan were much better. Apparently :win: was there the same time that we were, but we didn’t see him; I assume he wanted to be private and not be bothered by anyone :manny:

We went along the Golden Loop and drove out to the Geysir (Geysir). It’s self explanatory – the geyser goes off every five minutes, so we hung around taking action pictures with the eruption in the background. We had to retreat when we got soaked by it, though; there’s no way to tell exactly where the water will splash, so you could be safe in one spot during one eruption and get drenched in the same spot the next time.

We wanted to catch the Aurora Borealis, but we didn't find out until the last day of the trip that we had just missed the best time of year to catch it :sadcam:

We stayed in Glasgow while in Scotland and we went to the University of Glasgow to check out the William Hunter Museum (http://www.gla.ac.uk/hunterian/). It’s named after William Hunter, who is one of Scotland’s most renowned figures in science and anatomy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Hunter_(anatomist)). I’m not much of a museum person, but I really enjoyed it.

Our main goal in Scotland was going to the castles in Edinburgh. The whole town looks like the old school castles. The architecture there is beautiful:

345kn4o.jpg

4h398i.jpg

67m5h4.jpg

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
Food
Since Iceland is basically an island, the cuisine is very much seafood based. They also have a lot of lamb in their meals; I must have had lamb at least once every day I was there.

kt8h2.jpg

Our last night there we went to Florubordid (Fjorubordid, Stokkseyri - Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor). Those langoustines were amazing:

v66cna.jpg

a10kk2.jpg

Scotland apparently is home to the best Indian food outside of India, a fact I didn't know before our trip. So we hit up this Indian place called Akbar's (Akbars | Authentic Indian Cuisine | Glasgow ) and it did not disappoint. The most impressive thing on the menu was the family naan - it's essentially a huge piece of naan bread, I'd say that it's as big as my torso, no exaggeration.

9sz2f9.jpg

On the last night of the trip, we ate at The Three Chimneys, which is apparently the 15th-ranked restaurant in the world. It definitely lived up to the hype. We got the seven course tasting menu, which changes regularly (what's on the website now isn't what we had). This is our menu:

105ckgm.jpg

And some of the dishes:

317hd91.jpg
: Smoked Fish - Colbost Skink, Marag & Talisker Crumb, Local Craft Egg Yolk
riagp2.jpg
: Prawns – Loch Donvegan Langoustines with Tattie Scones & Bridget’s Organic Meslun
2zf8rqg.jpg
: Venison – Saddle & Haunch of Lochlash Venison with Celeriac Purry, Mixed Beets and Blaeberries

I don’t think I can accurately describe how great the food was, so I won’t even try. I will just say that the restaurant deserves all the accolades it gets.

For the record, I was not the only black person in Iceland, but I was definitely in the minority. :beli: In Scotland, there were more black people.