So who really is the face of DC Comics,Batman or Superman?

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
just think about how much the world loved christopher reeve for playing superman.

then compare that to michael keaton playing batman.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's kind of weird. People are really thinking Batman is like some second tier type in 2013. Odd. Superman used to be all those things you said but his value is nowhere near what it was. When he went all electric and had the blue and red versions, that didn't sell anything. Movie wise? He's not as big as the others and to say he's just head and shoulders above Batman in 2013? There's just no way you can deduct that.

The question is who is the face of dc and superman is by far the most popular superhero in the world . There's a reason man of steel outsold batman begins first weekend , and it's not Henry cavilli .
And in marvel Spider-Man is clearly the face of the company not the xmen . Most non comic readers don't know most of the xmen outside of wolverine or maybe storm

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
just think about how much the world loved christopher reeve for playing superman.

then compare that to michael keaton playing batman.

Keaton was the best Batman though.And i don't think anyone on here is old enough to remember how much the world loved Christopher Reeve.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Yeah it was big. It was the last thing he's been big in the media for unless you want to include all of Shaq's cars.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Batman and Superman are two sides of the same coin.
Ying/Yang type shyt.

if you put them both into one body, you would have the perfect super hero...they each exceed in what the other does not (to some extent or another).

this is a deep nerd war battle and i'm just throwing my 2 cents in.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The question is who is the face of dc and superman is by far the most popular superhero in the world . There's a reason man of steel outsold batman begins first weekend , and it's not Henry cavilli .
And in marvel Spider-Man is clearly the face of the company not the xmen . Most non comic readers don't know most of the xmen outside of wolverine or maybe storm

Lol? But it didn’t outsell Dark Knight..the only reason Man of Steel got green lit is because of the Dark Knight success. Superman Returns got ridiculed and shytted on.

Everyone knows who the X Men is..they kicked off the millennium bringing superhero movie success back to theaters.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:troll:
Lol? But it didn’t outsell Dark Knight..the only reason Man of Steel got green lit is because of the Dark Knight success. Superman Returns got ridiculed and shytted on.

You comparing a new movie in a franchise to the third movie of a Franchise :childplease: superman returns was still financially successful by the way Iy held records for the kost movie made in five days at wb until the dark knight .It made more than batman begins also :obama: man of steel is its own brand new superman franchise unless you want to compare the George clooney batmans as the Christian bale ones .
Just admit your trolling

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
If there was a Mt Rushmore of superheros they'd both be on it, so I voted both. They're kinda synonymous with each other at this point even for casual non-comic readers.

That said, I could care less about movie sales or how interesting their respective comic are, Superman transcended any medium ages ago.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
It was Batman but superman crushed the buildings, literally. We back to basics. Fighting and epic destruction. fukk all that mind game detective artistic bullshyt.

DragonZord

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone knows who the X Men is..they kicked off the millennium bringing superhero movie success back to theaters.

:comeon:

No. They don't. Not everybody keeps up with this stuff like we do. :manny:

If you are a comic head or go to all these superhero movies, then yeah you know about them. :ehh:

But most people don't know any details about them. You ask who the X-Men are and they can name Wolverine and that's about it. :shaq2:

My mom and dad and even some of my friends my same age ain't into comics or sci-fi so they know NOTHING about X-Men. But those same folks know EVERYTHING about Superman and Batman. If they older like my mom and day, they familiar with Adam West and Chris Reeve. If they around my age, they familiar with Batman the animated series and Michael Keaton. :lupe:

I like the X-Men but since there are like 8,000 different members on the team over the years, nobody but Wolverine stands out to the average folks. :mindblown:

Superman, Batman are on a whole other level of pop culture than X-Men. Only other character that comes close in average folk's mind is Spidey. :manny:

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin

:comeon: Its not that simple.

A major reason why Man of Steel did so well is b/c of the credibility built by Nolan based off of the success of Batman Begins.

Let's not forget there was a Superman Returns that came out in 06 after BB.

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The company is named detective comics, the character of Robin is probably the 3rd most famous character in history, and they sell more batman toys, movies, and cartoons.

Plus they don't have to deal with lawsuits every year from the great great grandchildren of Kane and finger