Snyder had a plan & Infinity War makes me wish WB had let him do his thing

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Snyder is a hack

Snyder is actually well respected by filmmakers. Whedon is a fukking laughing stock among his peers. I don't know if JL would have been good with Snyder at the helm but once we found out Whedon had the keys to the city it had no chance... It took me months to actually give it a chance and yup it was terrible. Same terrible filmmaking I come to expect with Joss Whedon.

Goombreh

Superstar
Daps
He's a hit or miss. MOS is one of my top 5 fave of all time where BvS and suckerpunch was asscheeks. Sometimes being over creative can fukk you up. He allowed WB to chop and screw his project that he fukked up and in turn made it worse. Hopefully he learns from this and is able to bounce back. I think Aquaman will be the only project to succeed. Shazam will be mediocre and WW2 will be a 1 hit wonder since Cheetara casting is terrible.

Edit: Also the casting for Lex Luthor fukked the whole movie up. Putting Jolly ranchers in another nikkas mouth and licking your fingers ain't Harlem.
:dame:
One of the most pointless and crigeworthy scenes right next to the Spider Man 2 Chocolate cake scene. :hhh:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Snyder is actually well respected by filmmakers. Whedon is a fukking laughing stock among his peers. I don't know if JL would have been good with Snyder at the helm but once we found out Whedon had the keys to the city it had no chance... It took me months to actually give it a chance and yup it was terrible. Same terrible filmmaking I come to expect with Joss Whedon.

With the exception of MOS he has been trash.

I have more than enough evidence with BvS and 75% of JL.

Please stop defending this dude.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Snyder killed the DC universe with that garbage ass Man of Steel, that fukked up Superman.
He then fukked up Batman even worse.

Snyder should have never been allowed to have complete control of the Universe.
It was a failure from management, they should have had a plan from the start to finish and executed it based on DC's character strengths, not trying to copy Marvel. SMH
fukk Snyder, Whedon, and the WB CEO and Geoff Johns and everyone involved who destroyed the movie version of the superior DC comic properties.

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
Snyder killed the DC universe with that garbage ass Man of Steel, that fukked up Superman.
He then fukked up Batman even worse.

Snyder should have never been allowed to have complete control of the Universe.
It was a failure from management, they should have had a plan from the start to finish and executed it based on DC's character strengths, not trying to copy Marvel. SMH
fukk Snyder, Whedon, and the WB CEO and Geoff Johns and everyone involved who destroyed the movie version of the superior DC comic properties.
Yeah, Snyder was given way too much autonomy over the DCEU but hes' effective in a limited capacity; keep him on a proverbial leash and a better writer teamed with him. Not a fan of his particularly but he did a great job on that Smallville brawl. My favorite scene in MoS.:banderas:
UnluckySoulfulKite-size_restricted.gif

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With all do respect:lolbron:

4bUV7Ls.gif

We don’t want Zack Snyder vision.......

If anything we want SCOTT SNYDER vision

Scott Snyder>>>>>>>>Zack Snyder and that can’t be disputed

Martha

Gimme the guy who created Night of the Owls and Metal, and close this thread. Zack Snyder makes bad movies. Get over it.

How your movies only make sense when they run 4 hours? :russ:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was never intended to be "his thing" solely to begin with. From what I've read. With MOS he was brought in by Nolan and Co. to execute their vision of a superman film (grounded ala the TDK series. It came out, was good, but didn't make nearly enough money for WB exects and threw the idea of a MOS 2 in the bushes (which was the original plan) and turning it into a Bats/Superman flick cause they wanted that avengers money, and based on that forced the DCEU on the fly; add into the fact WB wanted to court Ben Affleck (and brought in his imput for BvS) and there are too many chefs in the kitchen. WB dropped the ball thinking initially that folks loved the grounded universe of the TDK trilogy and tried to replicate that with Snyder (via Nolan), and stylistically was going to have issues implementing that, since if they want to reverse and replicate the MCU (see SS) and get that money.

I think he gets part of the blame but WB reached too far and too fast thinking creating a DCEU would be a cakewalk and it shows.:manny:

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Here we go again with the snyder slander and the same usual suspects jumping out the window....

Zack Snyder can do what he wants and as far as I'm concerned should be allowed to make as many DC movies as he wants till everything burns to the ground.

The man has been in the film game for only a little over a decade (short time compared to big name directors) and has delivered us classics - Watchmen, 300 (all time classic, top 10 goat movie) and MoS which is still the goat super hero movie.( i havnt seen avengers yet so might be dethroned)
300:RoE and BvS were solid 7/10 films - but get shyt on bc its hard to live up to the acclaim of the originals. JL wasn't bad at all either

imo his only truely bad film was Sucker Punch but even that is visually stunning to look at as well.

Truth is zack does numbers, he has had a very short career and all his movies gross at least $100million and are almost universally hated on by "critics" none of his movies have even a 70% score on RT so casuals run with that narritive

Real film heads know the guy makes visual masterpieces and while he may slip or stumble here or there he should be allowed to make his art because sooner or later he will hit his mark and drop another classic. Its not like his movies are bombing, if Michael Bay can keep on making trash transformer movies

Truth is WB dropped the ball by rushing to make their "avengers" instead of letting things grow organically with single movies, they got real lucky with WW imo. None of this is Snyders fault

Tetsuo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
He's a hit or miss. MOS is one of my top 5 fave of all time where BvS and suckerpunch was asscheeks. Sometimes being over creative can fukk you up. He allowed WB to chop and screw his project that he fukked up and in turn made it worse. Hopefully he learns from this and is able to bounce back. I think Aquaman will be the only project to succeed. Shazam will be mediocre and WW2 will be a 1 hit wonder since Cheetara casting is terrible.

Edit: Also the casting for Lex Luthor fukked the whole movie up. Putting Jolly ranchers in another nikkas mouth and licking your fingers ain't Harlem.

:mjlol: Me and my dad went to go see BVS opening day and it was packed with middle aged and old white folks

He put that jolly rancher in his mouth and almost everyone was like
incredulous.gif

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

Snyder should have actually had the black lex from the batman movie/cartoon meets supes era. As that lex is the lex from this Gen that resonates. Yet we know dc is stoopid and to welled in old school film house cop and blow tactics.
They don't realize that day is dead for large gateway franchises and properties. You have to do legacy properties accurately period. Or in the long run you can suffer. To the tune that wb is not even WB any more. They are aol and to egotistical at the top grades.
to realize they were phased and bought out and they have to change to the times.
If you continue you will not generate revenue over time.

Marvel showed this can happen in like five years. went from xmen number one with Jim lee setting every blockbuster sales record in comic history.
to the poor house to being owned by disney. WB is so egotistical. They think they are still WB. When WB is a legacy vanity label and they are really American online. This whole do what you want with legacy properties like the general consumer is not internet savy to review a property's content, history, highest quality level is asinine. Especially in corporate America where market research and product information is key to success. Everytime dc makes a movie. WB reverts back to the idea that batman should be Adam west ultimately at the end of the day to revenue grab and will ruin it.

fukk dc. The company been inept and over the years. It is hard to count how many quality project come from them at this point.
As I really have to point out how hard it is to remember the last time WB.
let alone dc had a high quality anything.

Art Barr

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
I love Man of Steel, that Nolanesqe fractured storytelling was dope.

I wish they would have Joss do the Batgirl movie, flip the script and use Cassandra Cain.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Snyder should have actually had the black lex from the batman movie/cartoon meets supes era. As that lex is the lex from this Gen that resonates. Yet we know dc is stoopid and to welled in old school film house cop and blow tactics.
They don't realize that day is dead for large gateway franchises and properties. You have to do legacy properties accurately period. Or in the long run you can suffer. To the tune that wb is not even WB any more. They are aol and to egotistical at the top grades.
to realize they were phased and bought out and they have to change to the times.
If you continue you will not generate revenue over time.

Marvel showed this can happen in like five years. went from xmen number one with Jim lee setting every blockbuster sales record in comic history.
to the poor house to being owned by disney. WB is so egotistical. They think they are still WB. When WB is a legacy vanity label and they are really American online. This whole do what you want with legacy properties like the general consumer is not internet savy to review a property's content, history, highest quality level is asinine. Especially in corporate America where market research and product information is key to success. Everytime dc makes a movie. WB reverts back to the idea that batman should be Adam west ultimately at the end of the day to revenue grab and will ruin it.

fukk dc. The company been inept and over the years. It is hard to count how many quality project come from them at this point.
As I really have to point out how hard it is to remember the last time WB.
let alone dc had a high quality anything.

Art Barr

I played this while reading Art’s post.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was never intended to be "his thing" solely to begin with. From what I've read. With MOS he was brought in by Nolan and Co. to execute their vision of a superman film (grounded ala the TDK series. It came out, was good, but didn't make nearly enough money for WB exects and threw the idea of a MOS 2 in the bushes (which was the original plan) and turning it into a Bats/Superman flick cause they wanted that avengers money, and based on that forced the DCEU on the fly; add into the fact WB wanted to court Ben Affleck (and brought in his imput for BvS) and there are too many chefs in the kitchen. WB dropped the ball thinking initially that folks loved the grounded universe of the TDK trilogy and tried to replicate that with Snyder (via Nolan), and stylistically was going to have issues implementing that, since if they want to reverse and replicate the MCU (see SS) and get that money.

I think he gets part of the blame but WB reached too far and too fast thinking creating a DCEU would be a cakewalk and it shows.:manny:

Pretty much this. WB didn't know what the hell they were doing and screwed things up more by trying to further micromanage things once BvS underperformed. I dont know why WB thought they could just skip right to Justice League without doing the leg work on the solo films.Like how you gonna copy the MCU but decide to go against the blueprint? Marvel already laid out everything they needed to succeed and they still fukked it up.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I love Man of Steel, that Nolanesqe fractured storytelling was dope.

I wish they would have Joss do the Batgirl movie, flip the script and use Cassandra Cain.

Real talk,...

Dc should just use the flash show and wrap that into the film franchise.
Then give us a fix with the reality warping from the show.

Real talk,...
Not sure why dc will not hire Peter Jackson.

Give him all the fukk'n dough to fix this.

shyt Disney need to hire Peter Jackson to fix star wars, too.

shyt the star wars franchise could be fixed with the bobby comes back on Dallas ending at this point and I would be fine with that.

It was all a dream.
Anyway, at the end of the day. These white people of this Gen showed they are inept as fukk across the board. As they showed they don't know how to make any of the large drawing shyt they had. They were all passion projects by actual skilled workers previously. Not this stoopid son in law gifted everything types and inept baby boomer mashup gon awry like today.
Jim Henson, to Lucas to Spielberg were not widely made. Don bluth and Ralph bakshi were the only next types in animation. In the Sci fi realm I don't see the same dispersal of talent in this era in the film house arena. When it should but a lot has been lost creatively imo from Gen x to this next Gen.

Art Barr

Last edited: